Suddenly black screen

I’m beginning to lose patience with you, I’ve given you the support that I can, in this case phone Denon DJ, they will most likely sort you out ASAP for the reasons described above.

If you don’t take the steps mentioned then how on earth do you expect to be noticed? If you don’t take the steps above then that’s on you, not Denon and means that you are just an idiot.

2 Likes

It’s a curious tale for sures.

So this has been happening for six months?

Your first post is confusing, as you initially say that it’s happened before - but later in the same post, you say it’s never happened before. Which is it?

When you first contacted Denon - how did you contact them? Did you not try again? Did you not use an alternative contact method?

What about contacting the dealer? That’s usually more productive, and I know from experience that Denon will probably tell you to do that anyway.

I would suggest a little more active approach in life. I find it hard to believe you would go about this with your refrigerator, TV, car… or any device.

Like @JonnyXDA and others suggested, CALL support or your reseller during working hours to get this resolved.

Again call support or the reseller and tell them that; instead of waiting an extra 6 months for an answer.

Yes that’s what I have done! hopefully they’ll sort something out

My idea would be this: after pressing the power button, the P4 must check for the presence of the USB connection with a PC, if it receives a response from the driver on the PC then it starts in “PC MODE” mode, otherwise it continues the normal startup and will go into “Standalone mode”.

In this way in case of an emergency (if you have a PC in your bag), you can still put music by Serato DJ PRO, without having to switch the mode via the display. And all this does not cause problems for use as a standalone, because it does not make sense to keep a PC connected to the USB of the P4 to use it in standalone.

Very good idea.

Called reseller he’s willing to send the machine to denon it will take time to fix and in the meanwhile I m screwed since I have to cancel gigs. never had problems with traktor and mac

The way I see it, is that the reseller should have exchanged your unit for a new one 6 months ago. He/she could have sort it out with the supplier without even bothering you. It’s been too long for you to act, so now the reseller handles it understandably as a repair.

I’m surprised that:

A) You’re doing any gigs B) You don’t have a backup system

Hi @waltkr - Could you send me a PM with your contact info and I will have someone reach out.

@JonnyXDA - Thanks for the heads up!

on intagram walter.russo.581

Just send me a PM through the forum. Thanks!

can you contact me on inta at walter.russo.581. thank you in advance I do appreciate