Sort by key in Engine

I remember seeing in a changelog that sorting by BPM was added to the MCX8000 as a feature. Is there also a way to sort by key? If not, would it be possible to add that functionality in a future version? I mix harmonically and not being able to have the tracks sorted by key in some fashion is a major hindrance to me.

Hello You can search by Key & you can filter the track list by Key too. You can sort by Key in Engine Prime :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me. I know that I can filter by key but that’s a slow and cumbersome process because there are many key combinations that could work. It’s a pain to have to filter by each key that could work and then go back and look at the next one.

It would be much easier if I could sort by key and see what tracks are close in key to the current track. Is there no way to sort by key on the mcx8000?

Hi @Tundra,

Currently there is no way to sort by key on the MCX8000; only filter. But, we appreciate the feedback! I’ll pass this on to the rest of the team for consideration for future updates.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’d like to point out that this is a basic feature the Pioneer XDJ-RX has (also the ability to sort by rating, which is absent on the MCX8000), and I’m really debating jumping ship…

1 Like

that’s an improvement I recommended in the beta period, but nothing has improved in this respect. In addition, there isn’t rating field and, in my case, I have to use the “Artist” field, modify it and indicate in it the rating, imagine the work… :triumph::triumph::triumph:

Hi, i’d like to mix in this way too. Have you introduced this improvement? Thank you

I don’t believe this will be forthcoming. The next firmware upgrade (and most likely last) will close the loop on some of the listed/promised features. Because of it’s the processing limitations, the MCX’s potential for growth is somewhat limited. Regardless, it’s still a great barebone standalone unit.

I use Mixed in Key now and have it put the key at the front of the track title, then I can sort by track title and it’s sorted by key.