Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

Star Wars Aficionado :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man, I hate my setup compared to the ones I’ve been seeing on here. It’s definitely not pretty, but it’s functional enough for me for prep work.

Nothing crazy going on here: SC6000s into an X1850, main output to a cheap set of Harbinger 8 inch speakers under the desk, record outputs into an Alesis Multimix8 which I use to connect to OBS for streaming. Serato will typically run on the big monitor for easier track navigation. It’s a pretty amateur setup right now coming from Traktor and I don’t have nearly enough space to organize how I want.

10 Likes

Man I used to have a mess with cables, space management and everything else. The most important is that it SOUNDS good, and everything takes time. As long as you’re having FUN using your gear, that’s all that really matters. The rest is just “nice to have” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does an over-crowded desk count?

7 Likes

This is what m about. I have Heresey IVs in my medium/smallish studio.

2 Rythmik subs but I’m feeling and upgrade soon. SVS or RSL most likely.

1 Like

Updated with Meyer monitors now.

11 Likes

This is what I’m talking about. DJ setup for the mature HIFI heads. I’m on this path as well. Albeit a bit smaller scale. Heresy IVs at the moment with 2 Rhythmik Subs + 1 Dynaudio Sub.

I have the Klipsch’s elevated since it’s more of a standing room for DJ and dancing. Us guys should have our own forum. lol. Nice mixer! I just got the MasterSounds MK2. Amazing.

1 Like

Nice! Good luck on your setup quest. There’s so many benefits going Hi-Fi over PA in the right environments.

There actually is a Facebook group for fellow DJs who are also Hi-Fi heads >>> Redirecting...

1 Like

Yeqh, I’ve been on there a while. Great group!

1 Like

Are you both members of the Rotary group on FB? The admin lives not far from me and is a cracking DJ.

1 Like

Yep, on a few different FB rotary groups actually. Think there’s at least three, maybe four. Why so many groups are needed for such a ridiculously tiny segment of the market is unknown. lol

1 Like

I can’t remember the exact name of this one but it’s called Rotation or something? Ran by a guy called Ste Slater. I know all the main manufacturers contribute to it and loads of Rotary heads.

My dream-setup in the man cave!

9 Likes

19 Likes

Looking great Mufasa :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Not the cleanest, but I enjoy it. (I stream on TikTok, Twitch and Mixcloud for Centreforce Radio).

22 Likes

Yeah, I LOVE your setup! I’ve watched several of your streams, and am subscribed to your YOuTube channel. You’ve got GREAT taste in House!!

2 Likes

Cheers @blackavenger :grin:

My setup on a reinforced Jaspers Stand A-frame keyboard stand. For better stability, I’ve since laid an old slab of butcher block across the whole tier for the 1200’s and X1850.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cns_zKtO0ni/

7 Likes

Whats a bit goofy for me is why someone without any Denon kit is posting on a Denon forum. Free world though, and I would fight for your right to do so, if you so choose.