Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

Yes, but it’s done via midi cable out (iRig Pro) from my old iPhone to the 505 using the Link to Midi app.

1 Like

Hey, Stereodreamer, would you possibly divulge how much your SSA custom cost you? I wanted to DM you this question, but your profile is hidden. I am going to buy either a custom ‘Carmen V’ or ‘Lucia’ within the coming months, and wanted to get a ballpark idea of how much more Condesa charges for custom work.

Hey. Sorry, didn’t realize my profile was hidden here. Not sure why it was either. Anyway, just went and updated preference settings so hit me up there on this. Thanks

1 Like

Still says hidden.

OK, think I got it now. This has to be one of the most user-unfriendly sites around. Geez lol

This is not my “home dj booth” but my “portable dj system”. It consists in the Prime GO synced to a Teenage Engineering OP-Z using Ableton Link (via the G-Stomper Rythm Android app). I use the Moukey Mamx1 mixer because I want to pre-listen (cue) the individual channels in the Prime GO, the Master Out and the OP-Z using a single headphones.

The OP-Z output is connected to the Mic input (using a custom-made line-to-mic attenuator) in the Prime GO, because I prefer to control the volume using the mic knob (the aux knob is located in a very uncomfortable position), but with this decision I had to sacrifice the stereo (aux) signal and use a mono (mic) signal, using a custom-made stereo-to-mono-summing cable.

The Prime GO CUE signal is connected to the headset input in the OP-Z (using the iRig2) so I can sample the CUE signal from the Prime GO, and also use the internal samples from the OP-Z (amazing device by the way!!!).

The Prime GO is lifted 1 cm and all the cables (a lot, omg!!) lie below it. The smartphone is only used to sync the two devices via Ableton Link, I do not even look at it. Everything is battery-powered, except the Moukey Mamx1 that is powered using the USB-A port from the Prime GO. The dimensions are 45x38x9 cm approximately, but with the OP-Z I can give that extra “spice” to the songs, really fun.

9 Likes

Some amazing setups here, really nice… mine isn’t actually that relevant to a Denon forum lol. I am looking to add a media player on a stand however, I just wish Denon had an XDJ-700 alternative that was more compact. Ill try and shoehorn an SC5000 into there somehow though I think.

I use a Prime 2 for gigs.

8 Likes

As some of You know, I was rebuilding my attic room to be my music cave/home studio. It is in the making still, but I can share the dj side…

All is still work in progress, but getting there…

10 Likes

Wow! I know this was posted nearly two years ago, but DANG! I had one too!

Along with my FIRST mixer!

Nice MAW graphic :+1:

1 Like

Cheers man, hand painted by my partner who is an artist/art teacher.

1 Like

Still haven’t quite set this up properly as need some bits I’ll get tomorrow

7 Likes

That setup looks cool. I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got to get it working :see_no_evil:

This thread was way better when it was just pictures of people’s gear, you know, as intended…

True. Sorry I cannot split them to somewhere else really… thinking about how without deleting posts…

Peeps, please stick to the topic subject. Post your booths!! Keep the discussion about a device seen in the pictures to a minimum. This went off to a Traktor DVS Serato topic.

Splitting some stuff to here: Show your home DJ booth - Discussions

Edit: aaaaahhh scrolling gives me more pics than texts… If you want the other way around, follow above link. :wink:

2 Likes

Not feeling this decision at all. What’s the point in simply looking at pictures of people’s kit if you can’t also discuss it? Separate areas for each is convoluted.

1 Like

I already stated you can still discuss things like (I don’t know) lighting, furniture, unknown devices on the photo and maybe some short experience quotes of hardware used. I for one welcome that to learn from each other’s hardware choices!!

But the last 20+ posts wandered off into a DVS Traktor support yes/no discussion… it’s called “show your booth” and it’s nearly the only topic on the whole forum with loads of images to have that criteria.

I could have deleted posts, but chose to spin-off to a directly related new topic.

Ditto!

Oh, okay, I guess I misunderstood what you did. I get it now.

1 Like

I might have moved too much, but tried to keep the posts together otherwise it became unreadable.

I also didn’t want to redirect people to DM each other, as questions and answers might be helpful to everyone. So my discission was to make a spin-off. That was the idea at least… :wink: