[Resolved] SC5000 v1.3.1 Only Controls One Deck in Serato DJ

I can hundred percent confirm the issue with serato dj pro Just tested the firmware 1.3.1 build

I also rolled back to previous Firmware but the issue seems to be apparent In previous version to Which seems a little strange as it was working before.

Any more info feel free to comment .

Any idea of the timescale of getting this fixed .

AlsoWill there be an update that stops the need for the player to be rebooted Every time You need to use it with Serato dj ??

Same for me, not able to roll back. :frowning:

Hi All,

Our team has identified and corrected the issue. We’ve started our test sweeps and hope to finish soon. I will update this thread when the new version is ready for download.

Thank you so much for your patience! :pray:t3:

20 Likes

If anyone has an urgent need to get up and running, i.e. gig tonight please send me a DM.

3 Likes

Any ETA on the New Firmware Fixed ?

1 Like

Hi All,

Just to update, the SC5000 1.3.1 Serato issue has been corrected and the links are back online.

https://www.denondj.com/downloads

Anyone that updated to the previous 1.3.1 should update to this build to prevent any compatibility issues if you ever choose to use the hardware with Serato DJ.

To verify you can check the hash string after the version number in the Utility menu on the SC5000.

• 1.3.1 68d40761 (Old and should be updated)
  • 1.3.1 ca357ac93 (Final working version)

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and sincerely appreciate your patience.

Have a great weekend all!

Best,

Jason

12 Likes

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Installing now…

1 Like

Woot! Will install tonight! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the work.

If I may make a small comment, I’m really surprised that you don’t increase the version number. Is one of those things that make me think that Denon may be great at hardware but not that experienced with sofware.

1 Like

Due to the circumstances we chose to only revise the hash. If we made this an official point release, it would have required a regression and testing overhaul. We felt it was important to get this out our customers this week so, we chose not increment the point version.

Wow!!!

WOW !!!

A problem, admittedly only affecting a tiny percentage of users, spotted, narrowed down, diagnosed, rectified and corrected firmware released in less than 4 days! AWESOME !!!

Nothing less !!!

5 Likes

I don’t understand why any of that would be required just to change the last 1 to a 2 or to add another .1. Legal? Some very tight software process control or security chain you have?

There was no change just made to the SC5000M firmware, right? You didn’t just swap that one out with another hashed version or anything?

You don’t need to understand the minute details of our internal processes or reasoning. That is not public information.

Closing the thread as the original topic has been resolved.

4 Likes