Remote Library - tracks not found

Just upgraded to 3.0.1 on mac and the decks, which went fine.

I am trying to use remote library:

• Laptop and decks are all on the same home network (wi-fi connection in to a single modem/router)
  • My laptop appears as an option on the decks. I am prompted to allow access from Engine on my laptop, which I do.
  • The decks can then see the list of my playlists. So it seems the connection is working.

… But there are ‘no tracks found’ on the decks.

Whether I go via the main collection or in to an individual playlist, everything is coming up as empty. But the collection definitely has music in it, some of which is in playlists. I can play the tracks off my laptop just fine, so the files themselves are working and in the correct path, etc.

It’s weird to me that the decks can see the names of the playlists but not any files. If it weren’t for this I’d have thought it might be some kind of network error. But I am thoroughly confused why everything but the tracks themselves comes up on the decks.

The last thing I tried was to add an MP3 in case it was the AIFF files causing an issue. But nope, that does nothing. There’s still nothing coming up on the decks.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Might seem silly, did you try a restart?

Multiple restarts on both the laptop and the decks. It does the same logical dance every time of getting me to approve access via Engine on the laptop but it’s still ‘no tracks found’ thereafter.

I’ve seen this thread: Remote library on v3.0.0 times out and am checking my modem’s admin settings but there’s no mention of terms like multicast or IGMP (it’s a bog standard home router from Sky here in the UK with security set to WPA2) … And it would feel funny to me that this is the issue when it can see all the playlists. I’m not getting the same error they were getting in that thread.

I also set up a totally new playlist - which the decks saw instantly - and added those MP3 files to it but still ‘no tracks found’.

What unit are you testing with?

2x SC6000s. 2-3 years old now, freshly upgraded to 3.0.1 today with no issues. Tracks are playing fine from USB.

That’s very strange indeed. I have two 6000ms and 5000ms and they are able to remote easily.

I suspect something local to your network.

@Reese may have suggestions for you to try

Thanks for replying and taking a look. It is so (so) bizarre to me that I can add a new playlist and have the decks instantly see it… But the tracks aren’t coming through at all in any form.

I feel like my fingertips are centimetres away from the promised land haha… This is my most sought after feature ever. The idea that I’ll (hopefully) soon be able to download a file from bandcamp and be playing it on my decks basically instantly is an absolute game changer.

You could check your permissions on the Mac. Make sure engine dj has all necessary permissions.

Engine already had permission to all that it wanted, but I gave it full drive access and that didn’t help at all.

I also just downloaded Engine on a separate laptop (also a mac) and threw two tracks on it and the exact same thing happens. (Including the fact I can set up a playlist and engine can see it immediately… Just no tracks.)