Problem with different BPM after loading

I just figure out why is one BPM in engine dj, and when I load track to denon sc5000 its different BPM. Tempo adjustment needs to be in position 0, if its not, deck Will load a track with higher or lower BPM, depends where is your button. I am New user and can not upload a picture. I hope this article Will help you

That’s what the tempo adjuster is for, making the track faster or slower, the BPM on screen will adjust itself accordingly.

When you say new, are you a beginner DJ? If so I would advise purchasing an online course at somewhere like Crossfader or DigitalDJTips as they will help you on your journey.

I saw lots of members ask for issue with BPM, for exp. Song is 125, and when you load to deck is 117, and they ask why is that happening, so I just notice then when tempo adjustment is not in position 0, it Will load a track with not original bmp. I know that BPM can change manualy :slight_smile: Begginer dj means that I play 2years, for now, I do not have issues with my denon sc 5000. Thank you for advice anyway

That’s completely normal behaviour, the library BPM is the ‘base’ number the track was analysed at. When you load a track it’s going to display a real-time number based on the position of the pitch slider, as that BPM field is dynamic.

1 Like

To add further to @STU-Cs comments. Make sure your bpm range is 4…8…or 10 bpm then at say 10 the maximum throw of the pitch will not alter bpm past 10% ( note its percentage NOT bpm) that will give you finer control over your adjustments

1 Like

I like to set the fader down to a low percentage too for finer adjustments, even CDJs on 10% I find too much, nicer to have that ability to dial it right in. I think my Denon kit is on 8% to match the 1210 range.