Prime4 keeps ejecting HDD connected via USB

I’ve got my PC hooked up to the Prime4 with a quality grade 5 meter USB3 cable. I try to sync my data but I keep getting messages now and then that drive drive was disconnected. So the whole system stops and corrupts the drive / database so I have to start all over again. Are there known issues with another cable than provided with the prime4?

Edit: just tried another time with the EngineDJ software to analyse the files on the prime. After a few minutes I get the message " Eject Drive - Drive not ejected properly. This action can corrupt the database… etc. etc." The share from the Prime4 isn’t there anymore. The sound devices are still there though. Typical.

Thanks

Thanks

That cable may be too long.

Internal SSD in the P4 is a great idea on paper but may not suit all workflow.

you may want to consider getting a Portable SSD like the Samsung T7 or SanDisk extreme portable SSD.

Thanks for your reply. My thoughts as well concerning the length of the cable. Despite the fact that it’s a quality build one. With the standard cable and my laptop it always worked fine but I really wanted to use the desktop. That’s more convenient in my situation. I’ll consider the USB SSD option. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Just a quick google search and it looks like it is too long.

Yeah, this one (URL) is an interesting read as well https://www.yourcablestore.com/USB-Cable-Length-Limitations-And-How-To-Break-Them_ep_42-1.html