Prime Go Reliability

Was thinking of picking one of these up now that they have been out a couple of years, but have had issues with every single Denon controller I’ve owned. Some under warranty and some not. Love the idea of these little machines but just wanted to get some feedback from owners if they have held up over the past years. I don’t expect them to last forever, just don’t want to have to replace a fader just outside of warranty.

Linefader seem to be a weak point on the Prime AiOs, sadly. Heard about some failures on the Prime 4. Just snapping off and quite hard to replace, because they’re directly soldered to the PCB. Certainly needs improvement in future units, and I hope the SC Live devices already have improved faders. Play/Cue also subpar compared to Pioneer (improved on the SC6000 line). But again, it all depends on how you treat them. Don’t smash the faders and knobs like stupid and they will hold for a while.

The rest is perfectly solid. The Prime Go is all metal, quite sturdy. Engine OS is stable. I know about several people using it for many outdoor/fun gigs, no issues reported. Battery might become an issue one day, but this goes for all devices of that kind.

I think you will be fine.

I use it for more then a year, lot of outdoor events too. Never had any issue yet. My only problem is engine dj software, but as soon as the music is on the sd card all good.

love the small size and flexibility, for small dj booth it’s nice if you just have a one or two hour set, you need basically no cables ( if there are existing devices you use there Cinch😂)

So you are ready in less then a minute and that is why I love stand alone no extra issues with a laptop …

Thanks for the posts. Glad to know it’s still working out well for you.

hi all, I am having an issue with my prime go that ive had over a year, the line fader on deck 2. i move the fader down or up the sound goes away but no static sound. How can i fix this issue?