Prime Go Peel Off Protective Film

Ok, this might be a really dumb question, but maybe I’m not the only one wondering about it. It’s regarding the sticky plastic protective film that is on new units and peels off. On the Prime Go, do the lower panels (the areas with the pads, jog wheels, cue/play buttons) have the same peel off film? The top areas were easy to see and peeled off no problem, but I’m having problems seeing any on the bottom panels and I don’t watch to scratch up my decks trying to peel off imaginary plastic that’s not really there😁 I’m sure it’s something to do with the lighting in the room…and definitely not my old eyes😆

I don’t think there is a film for the bottom parts near the platter.

After looking more closely, I don’t think there is either. Thanks for the response!

I am wondering about the upper left and right section where the Deck EQs and MIC, Booth, Master and FX sections are. When new, you could tell there’s a plastic film but it ain’t obvious if it is supposed to be removed. Thing is that after a couple of months, mine is starting to get bubbles, prob due to humidity. So I wonder if I should just peel it of and the unit will be fine, or if it is better to learn to live with the bubbles so that the face plates remain better protected. Thanks for any info!

Peel it off if it’s bubbling, it’s meant to be taken off.

If you want protection better to buy a skin.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely peel it off.

I have my own Prime Go for travelling and got my company to buy three. I arrived at one of these three last week and nine months after they took delivery, the film is still on (and also bubbling in the corners). They’d not even taken off the screen plastic.