Prime Go Freeze

Hi there,

Suddenly my Prime Go won’t boot anymore. It’s stuck at the “Engine DJ” boot screen, displaying firmware 2.2.1. What I also notice is that none of the buttons light up. None of the buttons react to input.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this and/or force the device into a recovery boot? The problem is also that I cannot switch it off, since it’s battery powered. Holding the power button just resets the Go and then it freezes again. And again

Hmmm… turns out that the Prime Go doesn’t like to be booting/shutting down with an empty USB data hub (in my case an Anker 4 port Ultra Slim USB). Unplugging that and my prime boots fine. With it, it doesn’t… Sounds like a bug to me?

1 Like

my Prime GO freezes after updating to 2.2.1. After loadng any track after a few seconds the display freezes. Sound is still playing, but I can do anything apart from power it off (long hold the power button). Internal example tracks are playing fine. I tried also to swap the SD card, no change. Does have any idea what it could be ?

Update: its very strange, thus the music is still playing while the display is on freeze, I let it run for some more minutes, and apparently the display is back, and I can operate again as normal. The Prime GO runs stable now. I can repeat the issue while restarting the unit. Any idea ?

1 Like