Prime 4 Waveform Stutter/Jitter?

Upgraded to 2.4 & to the latest Engine desktop.

I’ve noticed the waveforms are a bit jittery at times - when playing 2 decks & certainly with 3 decks simultaneously. I know (to a degree) that 3 or 4 decks can be resourceful on any hardware but nonetheless, this wasn’t such an issue before the upgrade. It is happening with just two decks playing.

Anyone else experiencing jitter/stutter on the waveforms? FWIW I use vertical view. It isn’t really bad but definitely more apparent than previously.

Me too on Prime 4. Not only jittery, also sound glitches after update 2.4 and play on three decks. More noticeable if you set a loop on deck 3/4 and leave playing for about half a minute. Very annoying

1 Like

Yes - I forgot to mention the loop. It does worsen & you are bang on with it being worse on decks 3 & 4. Glad it isn’t just me who noticed this & as you say, very annoying.

Yep, I’m getting stutters/freezes on the right hand deck only since the 2.4 upgrade (only using 2 decks).

However, I have noticed that if you turn OFF ‘Vinyl’ mode, the problem disappears !

1 Like

Turning off “Vinyl” mode had no effect for me. Is there a fix in the works? I have a gig coming up in a couple weeks. Can you point me to info on how to revert back to the previous update? Thank you

I had planed to make a post about this. For me it started before 2.4 update, but has gotten worse.

I have the exact same issue, when I bought it I thought I just didn’t understand the mode properly. Had it for 6 months or so when I decided to turn vinyl mode on to see how it worked. I then after 10 mins realised that the left jog wheel was fine and the other was causing stuttering when vinyl was on. Super annoying. Even just updated it to 3.0.1 and recalibrated and still has the issue. Also on vinyl mode when nudging, occasionally will start to scratch. I thought it was me touching the top but it is not. And the light to say the top of the platter is being touched (turns from blue to white) doesn’t change so clearly not an accidental touch. I’m not sure what to do

I’ve been noticing the same thing. I have the prime 4+ updated at 3.1.1 and I’m noticing Laggy Waveforms and some stuttering. Anyone have any fix for this issue?

Yep, saw this also yesterday. I was trying out a new set, waveform jitter an music stutter at the same time unfortunatly. Kills the Buzz, tried reinstalling, factory reset, using the USB3 Port at the back, no dice. Prime 4 is 4 months old :sob:

I have a prime 4 + brand new. Who do we get this post out in front of so that there can be a fix for it?

They’re already aware. The fix is not instant but there are regular firmware updates, usually 3 or 4 per annum, the most recent around a month ago.

Hopefully we get it fixed with a new update

They also said its cosmetic didn’t they and doesn’t actually impact the music?