Prime 4 turns off/on automatically

Dear Community,

hope someone can help me. I’ve got big problem since the last update. The first one was the message “is incompatible…. reformat the drive to exFat or exFat 32 to use” and computer mode doesnt work anymore. I’ve downgrade to 2.2.0 and updated my SSD manually with a cable. Now, everything seems fine again. I’ve updated to 2.2.1, everything works and suddently the prime turns off/on/off/on and going on… Anyone can help ?

In my opinion it is a hardware problem, perhaps the power supply that goes into protection for some overload. You may want to try downgrading to a previous version to see if the problem goes away. If the Prime 4 works again after the downgrade, then it is a firmware problem, otherwise it is a hardware failure.

Seems to be a overheating problem… I’ve started it today in the morning, everything seems ok, i’ve downgrade again to 2.2.0 and tested it last 3 hours (about 30c in the studio), works fine.

So this is an internal heating problem, but what only happens with firmware version 2.2.1? Do you mean that at the same temperature, if you use 2.2.0, the console works, while if you upgrade to 2.2.1 you get overheating? :thinking:

I’ve turn on the Prime this morning… same problem… cold room temperature. So, dont know where the problems came from. I’ve updated to 2.2.2 and now have to wait if there are still problems.

1 Like