Prime 4 Touch Screen Tips

Hi gang… My Prime 4 is relatively new from June of last year. The screen became unresponsive durning a New Year’s Eve wedding. Turning on and off cleared it up…thank goodness. I have played several events since with no issues and it seems to work fine in the studio as well. I start wedding season this weekend and I am still a bit gun shy. Seems when my hands are dry the screen reacts a little slower. Anyone have any tips or tricks relative to the screen? Any way to make it more sensitive? Other than the screen issue, my unit works well. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you. (I am running latest updates)

Moisturize your hands with a decent hand cream…

Apart from above “obvious” replies… have you removed the screen foil? :relieved:

If your hands are dry then it doesnt glide over screen… I wasnt taking the pi55 when i said moisturize it puts a fine coat of grease into the skin allowing it to glide and gets picked up by capacative screen better… I find this stuff is brilliant

norwegian_formula_hand_cream_scented_1_edited

1 Like

Actually, this is a good one.

Using a pork sausage as a stylus is obvious? :rofl:

2 Likes

Makes total sense to me

Ahhhhhh i better clean my screen… I didnt think you meant cocktail sausages…

i been standing on a chair trousers round ankles…

I thiught it was a bit awkward

Small pork sausage…

LOL…indeed I have removed the screen foil. I used it on 9 events without issue…it only happened once. I just want to be sure I am not causing the problem or could be doing something to make it work more reliably. Thank you for your response.

No your not doing anything wrong. It was possibly ambiant air and very dry hands makes it sluggish.

Welcome aboard…

Thanks buddy.