Prime 4 tidal issues that need to be fix

Before the tracks have been loaded? If Tidal themselves do not have BPM and key available in their listings, then the only way for DJay (etc) to get it is to stream the track and analyse it.

I just had a look at DJay on my iPad here, and the tracks listed from Tidal only show artist, title and time.

Changing the “sort by” doesn’t do anything - unless the track has been loaded and analysed.

Applying AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download music from Tidal for offline use on Prime 4 can fix the issue. I have tried and succeeded.

But you’ve also acted illegally and broken the terms & conditions of your contract with Tidal.

I guess you could wish that Tidal would embed BPM and Key data into their tracks, so that they would automatically appear whenever loading Tidal playlists. But this is no longer an issue with Algoriddim’s Djay app - as of 3 weeks ago.

Algoriddim has now integrated a “pre-analyze Tidal playlist” function in their Tidal integration, which means that you no longer have to load/download each Tidal track individually to the (iOS) device to get the BPM and Key. Now I simply have to choose “pre-analyze playlist”, and the Algoriddim app does the rest.

This is especially neat on the iPad Pros (2018 and newer), which analyze 8 tracks at a time, since their CPUs are 8-core (1 song per core).

Also in Algoriddim Djay, you can save your Tidal playlists into the app’s own Library, which means that you don’t have to go into the Tidal section every time to stream Tidal tracks. They now co-exist in the Library alongside any local playlists/files (mp3s etc.).

Rekordbox has both these abilities (pre-analyzing Tidal playlists and adding the playlists into your local Library/Crates/Playlists).

So it’s a matter of Engine OS to enable/code this ability as well, to pre-analyze entire Tidal playlists before playback and storing the meta-data on the internal storage.

1 Like

That would be cool. Ive been saying for ages that Engine Prime needs streaming services embedding as a prep tool with the ability to store streaming and local files in one playlist. That would be so cool. Come on DenonDJ.

1 Like

Yes, but not only for Tidal. Also for Soundcloud etc… :smiley:

Oh so you think it’s OK to steal other people’s copyrighted material, do you?

You may find it hilarious that some of us do things legally and above board, but what I find funny is that you’re calling me a troll when it’s you who’s seemingly trying to stir things up around here.

I suggest you read the forum FAQ which contains guidelines on forum etiquette.

4 Likes

Kojak, in the 3+ years I’ve been on this forum I’ve flagged maybe 2 people (including Reticuli but he’ll forgive me) because it’s so rare that somebody’s post deserves flagging (not taking into account swearing posts).

Congratulations number 3. Seriusly, first time I see somebody so offended that they searched through old posts just to start a fight in some other topic.

In another topic I stated to not simply approve flags, but I guess Telly Savalas went a bit too far to ignore the other members.

I hope it will change and that we can have constructive non-personal discussions, even if one doesn’t agree.

Kudos! So offended because y’all think you can say whatever ya want and it’s cool. Well well sorry to bust ya bubbles mates… It all started by your boy @NoiseRiser telling me I don’t understand…

No one was talking to you and you don’t even know the original threads these lads came interjecting an opinion, much like your doing when all I did was post a “request” it didn’t say, hey i need someone’s opinion, offer it while also being disrespectful in the process. Maybe that’s how you do it in your neck of the woods, but not here mate!

Take a look below at the “Dry Facts” your mate came in right off the bat disrespectful. Who the F, is anyone to tell another man that you don’t understand? It wasn’t a question, it was a request at Denon. And what he mentioned is common sense, so he didn’t bring any light to the subject. But he was so intent on peacocking… Regardless if a service is NOT offered presently, that doesn’t mean it could change down the line, those are the “facts” jack!

So all I’ve been stating to y’all is mind your manners if your going to interject your “opinion.” Happy Anniversary Precious! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It could if your don’t come acting like a schmuck… Then we can all get along! :slight_smile:

It’s all in your own hands to be a valued forum member.

2 Likes

I’m locking this thread, as it’s clearly beyond any meaningful conversation at this point.

I would encourage everybody to cool off and review the community guidlines in the meanwhile: FAQ - Official Denon DJ Forum

2 Likes