Prime 4 screen keeps freezing, how can I reset the console

I am having a very disappointing problem with my new Denon DJ prime 4 that I posted about a few days ago. I’m at the point where I will probably will end up selling it and the $400 Odyssey case that I have it mounted in. I find myself very frustrated at this point with a big wedding reception looming next week. I have been noticing that at random times my touch screen freezes up and becomes unresponsive. Sometimes I have to restart once or twice to get everything working. When it works everything works fine for hours. But after several hours it randomly freezes up…I can’t count on it. I am going to attempt to put the 32,000 titles and categories back on the SSD drive that is internally mounted. I have had conversations with tech support at Sweetwater sound where I bought it and I am also in contact with Denon tech support but no one seems to be able to have any answer. So I guess I’d like to use the forum to see if anyone reading this post is having the same problem or if this is an anomaly that is happening only with my unit. I have been a fan of virtual DJ and computers and have had absolutely no problems over the past 20 years. I still have my Denon mc7000 and computer system for a backup which I will probably set up right next to the prime 4 on next week’s wedding reception. I have been DJing for 40 years and book over 50 high-end wedding receptions per year. I really don’t have time for subpar equipment. And I have to say that I don’t spend time in forums or chatting with tech support very much I just don’t have the time or the inclination. I’m also partners and creative director at an advertising agency. But, I am now super frustrated that I spent over $2,000 between the case and the prime 4 and it’s basically an unreliable lemon. DM me if you want to buy it. But just out of morbid curiosity I’m wondering if anyone else is having a problem with their screens freezing up!!? My Denon prime 4 is only 4 months old it looks and smells brand new…in a brand new Odyssey case with a SanDisk one terabyte SSD hard drive internally mounted. When the screen is not freezing it works perfectly fine and functions very well. I like the functionality and wish it would work consistently.

1 Like

Have you ever checked your 32.000 tracks for corrupt ones ? … This is the most problem on a prime system at the moment. If you play a corrupt audio track, prime leads to freeze. I sorted out all corrupt tracks, and never had an issue with touchscreen or freezes anymore. give this a try, and check your music. (I know, when you have 32000 tracks, you have collected them for years. and with the time drives get older and sometimes they loose bits and bytes, which can lead to corrupt audio, even if you do backups.)

2 Likes

Thank you my friend for the advice. I in fact spent most of the day and night sorting through my collection yesterday looking for any corrupt files. I think that’s probably a good idea. I did not notice any freezing when loading songs sometimes it will freeze on me during the playing of the song. But it’s probably a good strategy to at least make sure there’s no bad files that the hardware is trying to read.

1 Like

and can you please send denon the corrupt audio files, to analyze and harden the firmware.

you can do this by: https://denondj.wetransfer.com/

Yeah I would be happy to… If I find any :slight_smile: LOL I have not come across any yet, but I will be out at for a few hours later today.

Hello,

I am currently having this issue. Was the issue the corrupt files?

I would appreciate more information if anything had developed. Thanks!

In engine

If its red ITS DEAD remove it

My Prime 4 is about 18 months old and I’ve been having the same issue for the past year, on different firmware versions.

I have a small library of about 1200 tracks, an internal 256Gb ssd. All tracks play well. The issue happens at what seems to be random, when I’m trying to scroll quickly using the right side of the screen.

The only fix is to restart (holding the physical ON/OFF button). This really ■■■■■ when it happens during a gig.

Play button on the right side works half of the time so does CUE button on the left side - but that’s a diffeeent issue, I think.