Prime 4 right deck freezes occasionally

I’ve had a problem for a month … the right deck after a while, stops at random, pressing the ply / stop button, and restarts when he decides, . I tried to install the previous 2.3.1 firmware, but it continues to do the same thing, and I also say that the P4, in June 2022, has already been in Denon assistance, for switch play replacement on both decks, because it has already exceeded 3 years of use, and it was already giving problems on the right play button… but from June it has worked until today always perfectly in all my evenings of work, this time I see that the problem is with the “freeze” block because the play button works great every time it is pressed, while in June, it showed no signs of life when touched. now I ask you if I can solve it with a total hard reset of the machine. ? but I don’t know the sequence of keys that must be pressed on the p4, can you help me understand the type of failure? thank you

When you have that problem, try pressing the VINYL button to turn it off. That way if you put your hand on the jog wheel you don’t stop the track. Take this test to figure out if it’s a hardware or software problem.

1 Like

ciaooo…DjAj…ti parlo in italiano perche se nn sbaglio ci siamo conosciuti tempo fa qui x altri consigli ricordi? :grin: allora…ha ridato il problema…e io ho sempre il tasto VINYL spento , xche non li uso mail…poi ho chiamato l’assistenza di Bari, l’unico centro come sai in Italia x Denon, che mi ha detto , oltre al tuo consiglio, di fargli fare il test CALIBRATE da menu, di non toccarla mai, nella fase di accensione, perche li fa la sua calibrazione , sulle jog capacitive sempre…e poi niente di piu, se lo continua a rifare dero rispedirla da loro di nuovo giu!! porca zozzaaa :rage: :rage:…e non penso sia la libreria musicale danneggiata , perche a bloccarsi, è sempre il deck destro, e mai quello sinistro, quindi se fosse la musica e il mio Ssd samsung interno danneggiato, dovrebbe bloccarsi anche sul deck sinistro giusto.? invece no.sempre il destro, e sempre dopo un po che ’ accesa , cioè a caldo, mai a freddo subito!!..non è possibile, io che da 40 anni di informatica da ex tecnico Ibm, l’so come trattare le elettroniche, sempre protetta, nella borsa, mai urti , botte , o roba simile, sempre coperta da polvere, sempre regolarmente aggiornata, libreria , regolarmente scansionata a dovere…certo è la prima P4 uscita.ha i suoi anni ormai…pero’.è gia la seconda volta che andraà in assistenza…io che provengo da prodotti HIFI denon valvolari anni 70, la vera purezza della musica…mai guastatiii nel tempooo!!!

aggiornamento: il deck destro si era boccato qualche volta, quindi come tuo suggerimento ho premuto il tasto VINYL (ma ti ricordo che io non li uso quindi sono sempre x default entrambi spenti), e il deck rimaneva con la traccia bloccata, e poi ripartiva come sempre da sola , a suo piacimeto dopo un po. dopodichè, ho eseguito le prove suggerite dal tecnico di assistenza Denon, quindi fatta calibrazione dei deck da menu principale,poi, essendo i deck capacitivi , quindi sensibili ai vari tocchi, x mio scrupolo, ho preso l’aspirapolvere, e ho aspirato con una micro bocchetta apposita x modelismo, tutto intorno ai deck,nella fessura circostante, dopodichè, ci ho lavorato x circa un ora ininterottamente, e non si è piu bloccato ! . Poi, a questo punto, mi son detto, allora non è questione di firmware come diceva il tecnico, e allora ho reinstallato di nuovo l’ultimo, e ci ho lavorato di nuovo x un altra ora, e anche qui, x circa un altra ora non ha dato problemi, prima invece dopo circa 10-15 minuti incominciava subito a bloccarsi di continuo…che ne pensi a sto punto? il tecnico mi disse, veda cosi…poi ci fassa sapere…potrebbe sistemarsi con la calibrazione …visto che i tasti VINYL sono sempre spenti x default …tu che mi dici a sto punto?? posso fidarmi? ehh…devo lavorarci a dicembre…speriamo bene…xche con il tuo suggerimento, non lo sblocco,forse tu pensavi che avessi il tasto VINYL acceso fisso giusto? ma sono spenti x default e io non li ho mai usati…ci fosse invece andata della polvere intorno, ed essendo loro capacitivi, sono cosi sensibili ad ogni ostacolo? x questo mi è venuto in mente di pulirli aspirando aria intorno a loro e ai vari tasti VINYL.

Ik ben blij dat iemand de tijd neemt om het te lezen of te vertalen, want persoonlijk neem ik de tijd er niet voor. Persoonlijk lees ik alleen de Engelse posts op dit internationale forum. En schrijf doorgaans ook alleen in het Engels, behalve deze ene keer dan… :wink:

2 Likes

I wrote in Italian because DJAJ is an Italian person that I already know…otherwise I would have written in English like the first post!! that anyway you could always answer right? now I try to use google traductor :smile: update: the right deck had stalled a few times, so as your suggestion I pressed the VINYL button (but I remind you that I don’t use them so they are always by default both off), and the deck remained with the track frozen, and then restarted as always alone, at will after a while. after that, I carried out the tests suggested by the Denon assistance technician, then calibrated the decks from the main menu, then, being the capacitive decks, therefore sensitive to various touches, for my scruple, I took the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed with a special micro nozzle for modeling, all around the decks, in the surrounding crack, after which, I worked on it for about an hour without interruption, and it never blocked! . Then, at this point, I said to myself, so it’s not a matter of firmware as the technician said, and so I reinstalled the latest one again, and I worked on it again for another hour, and here too, for about another now it hasn’t given any problems, before instead after about 10-15 minutes it immediately began to block continuously … what do you think about this point? the technician told me, look like this … then let us know … he could fix himself with the calibration … since the VINYL keys are always off by default … what about you at this point?? I can trust? ehh … I have to work on it in December … let’s hope so … x that with your suggestion, I don’t unlock it, perhaps you thought that I had the VINYL key on fixed, right? but they are off by default and I’ve never used them…if there was dust around them, and since they are capacitive, are they so sensitive to any obstacle? x this occurred to me to clean them by vacuuming air around them and the various VINYL keys.

1 Like

Isn’t there a ground problem somewhere? (a defective mass somewhere :thinking: )

I’ve already read this problem in the various posts. but it doesn’t concern me … if you have read my posts correctly from the beginning, you will understand that I immediately called Denon assistance … and they never spoke of this, moreover La P4 has always worked for 3 years now in my new studio, with a system created and designed by me, who have been an electronic technician for 40 years, so I know what to do in these cases, then, I work on it even out of here, and the problem was also out of here!! if you read carefully, from this afternoon, after the advice given on the phone with the Denon technician, the problem hasn’t reappeared … let’s hope it’s solved forever !!

Now from memory I don’t remember if the VINYL button should be light off or on. You have to check that when you place your hand on the jog wheel the track playback must continue without stopping, then you have the vinyl mode set as I intended you to do.

If this way if you have the same problems, then I don’t know how to help you.

Even if it’s a grounding problem, if you turn vinyl mode off then you can’t get the track to stop.

I confirm that by default, the VINYL key remains off, and the grounding is all controlled, as explained in the answer post above

new update: today after a long time, the problem reappeared, therefore, I immediately tried to calibrate from the main menu, and the deck unlocked, working again for the whole evening! or the following evenings, I unlocked it, turning on the VINYL key, and then turning it off, but what always works is the CALIBRATE function from the main menu, and I do it directly, when the P4 is working, and I’m playing in the evening at the Club, when the right Deck freezes, I enter the main menu, press CALIBRATE, and the DECK works perfectly again for as long as I play without crashing anymore. I spoke to Denon’s assistance, they tell me the problem is Hardware and not Software … because the deck has capacitive electronic control !! but at the moment, since it’s working well with this method, I’m keeping it like this, I’ve already repaired it once in June, and it cost me dearly… I don’t have any more money to spend!! for me it’s a bad experience!! I’ve always treated her very well! it’s the first release in 2019… maybe it’s its limit!! let’s hope it lasts me, and makes me work, using my method with this!!

1 Like

If this method fixes the problem, then it’s a good solution. :+1:

unfortunately…as a technician that I am…I know very well that this is not the optimal solution, but as I explained above, at the moment, I cannot afford to spend more money on it, given that, last June, it has already been in repair for the 2 play/cue switches which, as we all know by now, go out of order after 3 years and need to be replaced, because they lose shots!! so I really hope it lasts like this for a long time without breaking completely during a night at the club!! I pray a lot :pray::pray::grin::grin:

1 Like