Prime 4 EOL?

A major european retailer has de-listed the Prime 4 (“product is sold out”).

That doesn’t seem to indicate a lack of availability (or supply chain issues). They are usually spot-on when it comes to discontinued products (they were “sold out” when the SC5000 was EOL, same with the Prime 2).

What do you guys think? Is there a MK2 on the horizon? The Prime 4 seems to be a highly successful product (unlike the Prime 2). I guess it would not be discontinued if there wasn’t something new…

1 Like

I doubt an MK2 is coming anytime soon when Denon kind of hinted they are working on the effects which I assume will be for current hardware. I think they are trying to polish off current hardware whilst ignoring the requests threads.

Also Thomann are all over the place with their company by not selling Pioneer gear.

Maybe they are not only for current hardware. Announcing revamped effects with new gear (that will also benefit older hardware) would be a great move.

They haven’t sold Pioneer DJ gear for ages.

As said before, they have been a reliable source. When they announce the product is sold out, it most likely is true and not some kind of power play against Denon DJ. That would certainly have included all products.

and out of stock at thomann! but the other retailers say August 15th Denon DJ Prime 4 » Compra online nel negozio DJ da Recordcase

on stock again

https://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Denon-DJ-Prime-4/art-DJE0007056-000

I made best experiences with “MUSICSTORE”.

Brgds

BeatMaster

I’d just take “sold out” as meaning “our shop has none in the stockroom until in-music send us more”

I doubt there’s anything more to be read into it

A MK2 release is imminent!

4 x 7inch spinning platters with a 21inch screen and full Traktor HID support, all this for the same price as the MK1 /s

4 Likes

you forgot that it also has a bluray player on board! and the coffee comes out of the headphone socket!

3 Likes

I hope they put a cup holder on there too then. And supply a nice denon branded mug instead of the lanyard

2 Likes

And Netflix streaming

2 Likes

3 month subscription to babestation too​:joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You got a lanyard?

1 Like

Yup and a FREE sticker. And a big poster… And

ta da da daaaaaaaa

A clear ziplock bag to keep it in…

Well actually i like to see it i paid 1900 quid for the lanyard and got a prime 4 free … but thats my way of thinking

1 Like

I got the sticker and the poster but not the lanyard. Apparently lanyards are given out on a case by case basis.

I had lanyards in the box of two Prime Go units I had.

I stand corrected. The product has re-appeared today. Maybe someone made a mistake in their webshop.

Denon DJ now has a valuable thread full of great new features for future Prime 4 versions.

Cheers, guys & girls :v:

2 Likes

Yeah we’ve had the usual run of the mill black one… and the special star wars white edition.

NOW FOR FLUORESCENT PINK…

P4 is back in stock @ Thomann ! (Denon DJ Prime 4 – Thomann United States)

BTW - It was “out of stock” when I ordered in October '21…and ended up waiting my P4 for 5 months. Finally got it on 9/2/2022. :+1:t2: Cheers!

This thread has made me realise - I don’t have a Denon lanyard!

I’ve got quite a collection from my years of going to various exhibitions…but no Denon. :cry:

Now, who should I contact? :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.