Prime 2 Cue, Load and On Air LED's

Got my Prime 2 today and I love it :heart_eyes:, only things I have found a little disappointing are the the cue and load buttons dont light the color you have selected for the deck as they do on the Prime 4/X1800, they are always white, I hope this can be updated in the firmware, its a small thing and you could argue its not necessary with only two decks but I would like to see it.

Also the Prime 2 is totally missing the on-air colored rings which is a bit of a let down again I guess you could argue they are not needed but we all love a bit of bling :sunglasses:

I am being picky and these no way effect the use of the unit which is first rate :+1:

1 Like

@j141 I had discussion below with @Reese before, thought it might add something to your comment and this topic.

This might be more a request than an issue.

Due to the absence of the light-emitting ring, the track end warning is not visible on the deck.

When you are navigating in search, menu, utility, preferences, source and/or record you will not receive the track end warning.

I think it would be nice if the warning was shown on the platter display. Perhaps on an extra outer ring around the playhead (could indicate deck color as well). Or simply by blinking the playhead along with main screen blinks

1 Like

Hi Addie,

Yeah that would be a good idea, you do get a track warning on the main screen with it flashing red.

Looking at the unit I don’t think they are RGB led’s on the Cue and Load buttons so I dont think its possible we will ever get color on them :frowning:

“When you are navigating in search, menu, utility, preferences, source and/or record you will not receive the track end warning. I think it would be nice if the warning was shown on the platter display. Perhaps on an extra outer ring around the playhead (could indicate deck color as well).”

Great point to an issue I hadn’t been aware of yet (interested in the Prime 2 but dont bought it yet, I also kinda miss the jog LED-rings, and lack of visual track-end warning is a SERIOUS issue which should be adressed definetly)

I have already made a extended and detailed Jog-Display Improvement Suggestion HERE, which also includes visual EOT-warning. Please give it a +Like to boost its soon implementation!

1 Like

Indeed, the roating jog ring indicator could help here. We definetly need a visual feedback. Just make it blink in negative/inverted way (like the DDJ-SX series) as soon the Eot-warning thereshold is reached.

SORAR’s improved jog display visualisation shows how it could and should be done.

1 Like