Power disorders on the speakers switching off

I’ve been noticing for some time that when I turn off the P4, it sends a noise on the speakers, and I state that I have a balanced XLR cable on KrK 6 monitor speakers, and just today I was able to make a comparison instead, with a system complete Pioneer … consisting of: Mixer cdj 900, and cdj 2000, and what did I discover? that by turning off the mixer, always connected to the speakers through the same xlr cable and my system obviously in my house … with all the volume at maximum also … you can’t hear anything !! no noise on the speakers !! absolute silence !! I was therefore very disappointed !! and I ask you !! the Denon power circuit. is it less filtered against these disturbances (anti bumb) than the pioneer one? it is not possible that a brand like Denon behaves so poorly, for what it costs, it must have good electronic components, to solve this small problem of filtering the power supply of the house, because a simple pioneer, who has solved it quietly, and how we all know, the pioneer is not such a better big brand and yet, on this very important problem, for the life of the speaker, it has solved it. Can you explain to me why? thank you

That’s “normal” behavior, that’s why you should always turn off speakers before mixers, and turn mixers on then turn on speakers. Almost all Allen & Heath Xone mixers “pop” loudly on turn off/on, and they are used on top clubs and festivals around the world.

4 Likes

but you did not answer my question but "why in this pioneer cdj 900 mixer the same thing is not happening. because … and even at full volume with the faders open. why? explain me. this i want to know!

It sounds like you’re trying some potentially speaker damaging “games” with different mixers/consoles.

Most audio kit will recommend a particular order to power up and power off gear - it’s best to follow those instructions to prevent damage to either the kit itself, or the kit it’s connected to.

Some speakers have anti-thump tech in them which sees power off current and disables the speakers input stage for a moment to avoid you hearing the thump of the mixer powering up/down.

Some club systems have other kit in them which does the same thing, regardless of what mixers are connected.

My Mastersounds mixer does the same, which is why I do what is suggested above and turn the speakers on last and off first.

I can guarantee it’s got nothing to do with the quality of parts in each unit as the Mastersounds will be using far superior components than either Denon or Pioneer are.

1 Like

At least they want you to believe this :wink: Honestly, before not seeing the schematic I doesn’t believe too much of this “audio high fidelity” vodoo.

Also high quality parts doesn’t mean necessarily that the circuit is made to handle the switch on/off gracefully. Maybe they left some protection/muting circuit out (like described below) for the sake of fidelity.

For the Pioneer DJM900nxs2 I can state from the schematics that it will disconnect the balanced XLR outputs from the internal circuits (using a relay) as soon as the unit is switched off, when the unit is switched on, the CPU will re-connect the output once everything is stable.

I was addressing the OPs rant about ‘quality electrical components’, not how the mixers built specifically.

At the end of the day, this is just another non issue being reported on a forum, regardless of how Pioneer handles switching the unit on and off its still good practise to power down the speakers before you switch off anything thats connected to them.

2 Likes

Exactly that

1 Like

here I answer just this: For the Pioneer DJM900nxs2 I can state from the schematics that it will disconnect the balanced XLR outputs from the internal circuits (using a relay) as soon as the unit is switched off, when the unit is switched on, the CPU will re-connect the output once everything is stable.

was what I meant at the beginning of my question! Could Denon already do the same thing too? put a simple relay, which isolated the output from the speakers, while waiting for the circuit to go into normalization? it took him so long I meant? it seems to me really not at the level of money, logic and to safeguard any human error, which can happen to anyone, during a distraction, even to the most experienced !!

What exactly are you expecting the impact will be of having the popping sound through the speakers? its just a popping sound… nothing at all to worry about. We have all done it with our equipment in the past at not once has it had any adverse impact on the speakers.

it is since the beginning of the question that you are not understanding me! then I explain everything again !! I know exactly what to do, and I’ve always done it for years, since I’m also an electroic technician, so I know exactly that first you need to turn off the speakers, and then the mixer ok ??. mine was just a comparison between 2 wiring diagrams, and the way pioner protects the final components outside of his mixer, therefore without causing damage, compared to my Denon P4, which, even if I turn it to low volume and all the faders to zero, let some spurious pass in use power supply to the speakers, which in my opinion should not do, and it would be enough to do as pioneer does! that’s all!! it is obvious that I then always turned off the speakers first to bypass these problems … is it clearer now? I hope so!! thank you all!!

??? Even pioneer recomend Turn on controller… turn on speakers

Turn off speakers… turn off controller.

When you get a £1500 speaker go pop you can say you learnt the hard way. Or take words of advice from someone with that tee shirt and get in the right power up/power down sequence

You’ve just replied to yourself and advised yourself that you haven’t understood yourself from the start.

That’s probably the best place to leave it - Right there.

1 Like

NO!! I am using the GOOGLE TRANSLATOR !! I don’t speak english as you are clearer now ?? for this you are not understanding from the beginning !!

NO!! I am using the GOOGLE TRANSLATOR !! I don’t speak english as you are clearer now ?? for this you are not understanding from the beginning !!

May i suggest a different translator then. The answers to your statements are in the above posts.

the translator has radiated well instead! I have always said that I have always done what you say !! I turn off the speaker before the p4 ok ?? clear? mine was just an observation on how pioneer solves the power supply problem, and protects the speakers, in case, you forget, to turn off the speakers first !! and I asked why even a brand like Denon could think of this too !! that’s all! the question was very simple. in fact, only one person understood me, I see. and he answered me, in a technical way, talking about a relay inserted in the output power supply to the speakers !! I was just asking for an explanation of this type !! nothing more articulate or other bad discussion !! thank you

1 Like

Sorry ■■■… how the hell can you “forget the startup /shutdown procedure”…

Do you get undressed to have a shower ???. You dont forget that bit… as stated pioneer dont “get round the priblem” they issue exactly the same guidelines as every one else. Controllers on speakers on … speakers off controllers off… Its not rocket science

1 Like

Speakers = last thing on, first thing off

2 Likes

I say this from the beginning of the posts !! I’ve always done this, just reread all my posts, which I always say !! but I see that you do not understand! only “Adrock” in the post above, he understood on the fly what I wanted you to understand !! so I ask the moderators to close my topic here, and any other controversy outside the topic please !! thank you

1 Like