Overdelivering

Top Job Chaps @ Denon. @JWiLL

Engine 2.4 not only fixes that flaming annoying Ventura USB (Qt) problem but we get a bunch of new features for free, so now I can edit beatgrids during practice sessions on the SC6000 in real time.

These are the best media players on the market right now. Fact.

16 Likes

This should have been on deck since day one. I’m grateful that it finally arrived.

Well, they were half way there - I could edit the grid offset and double/half - but not fix a slightly out BPM. I don’t know why it took so long to complete this particular feature set, but my point remains: Engine OS is still evolving and it’s already more capable than other “dedicated hardware” solutions.

…And the hardware is great too.

(though I wish the SC6000 jogwheel resistance mechanism was a lot better than a friction shoe - I hope Denon might consider a new iteration of a high-end player that utilises backEMF to brake a platter dynamically or by plugging. If you have tried adjusting the resistance of a Traktor S4mk3 jogwheel you’ll know what I mean. It feels extremely plush.

My 5000M is now the best portable standalone dvs deck on the planet :grin:. My obsolete discontinued deck has come a long way from what it was in the beginning.

An iPhone app for engine would be welcomed too.

4 Likes