Newby wanting advice on upgrading my decks

Hi all, im thinking of upgrading my ddj entry level decks, there ok but i love to mess about with mixing, i love the look & what you guys are saying about the 6000 but am i going in a bit over my head, love the look of them. ive got the KRK Rokit R6 great sound. My lighting is superb ill leave that for another day. t

What can go wrong lol thank you for reading & any advice you can give me thank you in advance.

With the limitted info you provide I would just go for a Numark Mixstream Pro. If you want to spend some extra look for a Prime 2 or 4

thank you eljerro, sorry for the limited info i provided, but i dnt want to write war & peace lol ill have a look at the numark

Have to agree I have the 6000’s and love them did I really need them no but they looked so cool… anyways unless you are really committed to DJing spending x amount of (insert currency here) is not likely the best option if you are coming from an entry level controller and you are ok with two channels get the Mixstream Pro, if you want the premium version get the Prime Go. If you want four channels with all the trimmings get the Prime 4 and save your self some money.

2 Likes

Thank you not too sure i like the look of the onboard speakers if im honest with the mixstream pro, the prime 4 is worth looking into as i do have a turn table id like to join up with as well.

Never regret having bought the SC6000M last year. My GF got a prime 4 which is also outstanding controller. Can’t make anything wrong with those.

If I understand correctly, you have got turntable so go for a 4 channel mixer. Don’t bother with anything less…

Hi, I’ve very recently bought a SC6000m and I can honestly say it’s the best quality piece of Dj hardware I’ve owned since owning 1210’s! Had CDJ’s and a few different pioneer controllers which have been good, but these are next level!! Happy shopping

2 Likes

many thanks where did you find the best price for them

I’m in the uk and I got them from Juno, there’s a live chat button where you can ask if there’s a best price? I think I paid £1380 each

silly question the M after the 6000 what does that mean?

means MOTORIZED - it is a version with motorized platter instead of static jog wheel.

thank you :+1:t4:

1 Like

Im in feet 1st got the sc6000s & x1850 on there way yayayayayay

Would anyone recommend a good way of linking them up with each other & laptop? or is it just a ■■■■ it & see

Why You want to add laptop to it?

i was thinking of using it the hard drive on there has my library or do i need to get a separate hd.

sorry your talking to a 13 yo that’s just got his biggest present ever lol im 56 soz i lied but supper excited

Well, linking a computer with prime gear to use as a big storage and search is not possible. But You can build in a SSD drive to each player, and they both link together via lan cable, so you can have a lot of storage there.

Thank you any suggestions on makes or sizes 1tb on each?

Samsung evo 850 is ok (I use these and they are fine)

just put the Samsung 850 1tb in thank you for the advice tho i did slip up i got the pro still never mind im sure it will be fine

So far, my ssd serves me well and no data base loss or any other issues. It should also be good for You.

Happy mixing!