New Prime Go Owner

Hi all

A new prime go owner here.

I won’t bore you with my whole history, but in a nutshell, started DJing 25 years ago, club and bar DJ with vinyl. Still love music but a very long break from mixing and got back into it in lockdown. All just for personal fun now. Started with a Hercules 300, the DDJ400 and recently the Go to enable a DJ anywhere at home without the laptop. Loving it! Put in a couple of feature requests, firstly for cue level in Vu meters and maybe some kind of auto gain could be helpful (if implemented correctly) otherwise it does all I need. :+1:

Awesome piece of equipment.

5 Likes

Hey there, welcome to the forum. I think your requests are good ones. I too own a Prime Go, such a great device for impromptu sets, outdoor events, live streaming, weddings and functions. I love mine as I do my Prime 4. Just cant fit my prime 4 in a ruck sack :sunglasses:

1 Like

Same here. Kudos to denon, my intention to upgrade traktor s2 to somethings in the <1000euro range ended with prime 4 :sweat_smile:, and few months after that with addition of go. I don’t know how my wife didn’t kill me :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Ive not fully introduced my wife to my prime 4 yet. Ive hidden her (prime 4 not my wife) in the loft which is boarded out, with lighting and power socket, with powerline adaptor for hardwire action. Its where i do most of my streaming sets. How did you break it all to your wife?

1 Like

1 Like

Kinda lucky circumstances. We are throwing 4+days psy trance wedding party :sunglasses: And one of our favourite djs, who we asked to play opening, wanted to have cdjs, which we planned to rent. I showed him prime 4 and he said yea, I can work with this. So money we save for rent for 4 days, plus I got a discount from gear4music :grinning:

Prime go was a much harder sell. :smiley:

2 Likes

XDDDD … so nice … Yea, I think I will also buy the go for the smaller events. My Prime 4 is paid completely now, so I have spare money for the go. Sadly that I could played live only for 5 gigs with my prime, before the lockdown came.

1 Like

Do it, you wont regret buying one. :tada:

2 Likes

Thanks for all of the welcome messages.

It’s funny, I sat there yesterday thinking about what this offers me over the DDJ400 which is an awesome bit of kit for the money. However, a stand alone unit is so much more. I didn’t have the luxury of having a sole music laptop, members of the family use it for various things, but I did purchase it with music capabilities in mind. The most annoying part was wanting to use with the controller without plugging in only to find that the last user had once again run the laptop low. So I had the mains cable, the cable to the controller and then headphones, then there is the footprint of those items. I wasn’t sure how valuable the battery operation would be, but it’s huge. To pick it up and just sit on the sofa and have a 30min or 1-2hr mix on a whim, it brings the fun back!

The best part of turntables or when I produced in a hardware studio was the immediacy of use, turn on the mains, turn on the equipment and go. It was designed for one thing - music! The laptop is a jack of all trades, good for so much. The Denon Prime Go gives me back that immediacy which I love. :+1:

2 Likes

I got my wife to agree to let me get a Prime 4 during lockdown. I told her I needed it to get ready for all the gigs coming after the shutdown. I spent weeks convincing her, but she finally agreed. Welp, here we are and I’m doing a bunch of wedding gigs every week. I just asked her if I can get a Prime Go as my backup rig… and because I want one. She’s thinking about it. I’ll let you all know if she says yes. LOL!!!

ProTip: Don’t hide major purchases from your wife! :joy: :innocent: :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

She said YES!!! WOOOHOO!

1 Like

Nice one. My wife also knows everything now. Ive got rid of the Prime 4 though as t My Go is all I need. Mind you if another 4 channel comes down the line, i may take a look :joy::joy:

I’m so tempted…