New Controller about to drop?

Could Denon DJ be releasing a new Engine Prime DJ Controller?

Images have surfaced today from the Denon DJ Instagram page today teasing a new unit. Although the images are blurry, it seems to be a brand new Engine Prime DJ controller with performance pads and an in screen display similar to the SC5000 Prime Series.

The second image gives more of an impression of an all in one unit, with what looks like a a screen in a similar lay out to Pioneer DJ’s XDJ-RX2. So the big question here is, could this be a standalone controller to rival Pioneer DJ? The Engine logo on the unit would suggest so, as the majority of Denon’s DJ controllers in the past have been integrated with Serato, whereas Engine Prime is their music library management app, similar to Pioneer DJ rekordbox.

The second image gives more of an impression of an all in one unit, with what looks like a a screen in a similar lay out to Pioneer DJ’s XDJ-RX2.

So the big question here is, could this be a standalone controller to rival Pioneer DJ? The Engine logo on the unit would suggest so, as the majority of Denon’s DJ controllers in the past have been integrated with Serato, whereas Engine Prime is their music library management app, similar to Pioneer DJ rekordbox.

unfortuantely, i can’t upload any pics (maybe someone could help here).

so, denon, can anyone out there confirm what is going on? i’m really hoping that this is my new controller for 2019

2 Likes

I would call it some kind of Pioneer XDJ-RXXL4. :wink:

Indeed, just wait for NAMM. Some “?” could probably change to a “!”. Some will not. And don’t forget, there are other InMusic brands also.

Sites like DJworx collect all the news and rumors.

I sold my MCX8000 three weeks ago in anticipation of a new model at NAMM.

From the photos it has everything I wanted, and by that “seems” to be asymmetrical and not mirrored. If it’s mirrored I’ll have a little cry as I hated my MCX8000 throughout my 2.5 years with it for that reason only.

It looks just like a prime setup in an RX box and I’m super excited. I’ll be getting it on launch!

1 Like

i’ll be right behind you in the queue.

gotta say that the mirrored layout on my 7000 never really bothered me. either way, mirrored or not, this bad boy will be my next bit of kit.

hopefully denon will price it competitively against it’s “rival” machine

1 Like

The RX is around £1500 in the UK so a £1300 would be on the money.

For me, the mirrored was playing havoc with my muscle memory as I moved between CDJ and controller and found that half of the controls was mirrored and half not. At least if the new one isn’t mirrored it will lend itself to switching between larger setups without me hitting sync instead of loop when I go to the left hand deck haha.

I’m genuinely excited for this and I’ve not been excited about a product for s long time.

Only a little longer to wait.

Then again… I’d pay £1500 for everything it ‘seems’ to offer (from the initial indicators).

Lol jajajajajajaja igual me paso y me pasa!

Esperando esta belleza aver que nos trae denon

I so hope it’s a proper standalone release, not just yet another dam midi controller. Fed up of laptopping

The Engine logo and the Prime hints seem to say it’s going to be standalone. A big screen is a bit of waste on just a controller.

I hope this brings with it some of the engine prime ideas and requests with it. It sorta makes sense that if this now means there is 3 different prime players (3 and a half of you include the gasping 8000) that any changes to engine prime will have to be tested on all the prime models first - so rekeasing a slight better engine prime at the same time as a new standalone kind of makes sense.

Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

1 Like