Jumping freeze on deck 2 WITHOUT VYNL ON

Prime 2 6months old jumped on deck 2 then from this forum sorted or so i thought. Now deck 2 cue play dont work for few secs then ok for hour so then back to not working. Any 1 else have this happen. Cheers

You will need to explain a bit better or post a videoif you want users to help.

1 Like

Deck 2 freezing stuttering. On screen deck 1 will play as normal but deck 2 stop and freezing then resumes few sec later. Only dose this after 3/4hours play. I was advised i could be an earth so i plugged it straight in the wall socket and seemed to help but updated 2.0.2 and it back

Have you tried to re-calibrate the plates? There is a special command in the menu.

I don’t know how would you go about. Thanks DjAj

Prime 4 user guide, page 44:

Control center → Device → Platter Touch Sensitivity

2 Likes

@dee73 - Did AJ’s suggestion work for you?

Im a prime 2 user can’t recllibrate platters for some reason read through manual.

Ok - Probably best I connect you with a technical support agent to take a look.

Can you DM me your email and phone number?

1 Like

Hi. I had this problem as well. Returned to Denon for a repair. All was good for a couple of hours after repair, then the problem returned. Sent back for repair again. I’ve just received the Prime 2 back from Denon after repair number two and they have completely screwed it up. Stop/start works about one in twenty times, sync button doesn’t work (or even light up). Really disappointed with the service I have had from Denon, the controller should’ve been replaced IMO. I’ve sent an email to customer support (again!) but would really like this escalating, if anyone from Denon is reading this.

1 Like

Prime 2 user here, and I have the same problem! Platter 2 stuttering while on Vinyl Mode! It’s been going on for about a year now! Most times I have to reboot the whole player for it to stop, but there’s times when I can’t or forget to do that. I use it in very professional settings, and I shouldn’t have to worry about it.

1 Like

This is definitely a hardware fault. For my controller’s first repair, Denon replaced the “MCU”, which fixed the problem for a while, but then the stuttering came back. So they had fixed the symptom but not the cause.

Initially a reboot would get rid of the stuttering (prior to the first repair), but only when the stuttering had already occurred (ie: you couldn’t just power on, reboot immediately, then all was good). However, after a few more hours of using the controller the stuttering would occur every time I powered on, immediately, and a reboot made no difference.

A bad batch of a faulty part is my guess. Could be anything though.

1 Like

Hey @pmd99365 - Sorry to hear about this. Feel free to DM me and let’s get caught up.

I’m returning the controller for a refund.

I’m having problems on my right hand side deck as well. Usually after several hours of practice but today it was doing it after about 10 minutes…

I’ll be in the middle of a mix in the right hand deck will just stutter or pause for like a 16th of a second…

It immediately goes right back in the plane but you can hear the audio cut completely out

Of course this throws my mix out of time and I have to try to jog it back in real quick but half the time the outside jog ring doesn’t respond and I have to stop moving it and wait for it to catch itself and then move it again and it’ll work…

I’ve already had to return one unit because of a broken up fader, and they replaced it with one that it’s been almost nothing but problems…

Talk over button does nothing and with every update since 2.0 it’s gotten progressively worse…