Join PRIME 4 v1.4 Public Beta Today!

Ohh, i‘m Till next week in Holidays, but when I come back, i‘ll do First Update my P4 !! I don‘t know tidal- but it has a very good Image in the www!??!

The P4 is in the w-LAN and Ehen ready for streaming? (Sorry for the german Auto-Korrektur)

Best Regards from Rhodos Greek Island

A friend just crashed his Prime 4 during update - it wont go away from boot-screen. Isnt there a “Hard Reset” combination (buttons to press) during reboot?

Which Tidal account will be working with the P4? Thx

Oh no! Sorry to hear this!

Yes, hold down the EJECT button while powering on. This will force the unit into update mode and you should see the microchip icon on the screen. Once in update mode, send the update again from the computer.

3 Likes

Thanks m8 :slight_smile: Will pass it on! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hi @dfabj,

All TIDAL subscriptions will work with PRIME 4. :slight_smile:

Is there a change log of enhancements that are part of the beta available?

Follow the download link:

Download & Release Notes - PRIME 4 v1.4 Public Beta 1

1 Like

Hi @Majestik,

Yes indeed! In the PRIME 4 Beta area there is a dedicated section for download and release notes.

1 Like

hi all managed to download the beta version but can anybody tell me where I type the TIDAL activation code in to link to my prime 4 cheers

Awesome thanks @JWiLL!

Hi @1983,

Welcome to the community! Happy to assist :slight_smile:

1. Update your Denon DJ Prime Series hardware to firmware version 1.4 beta.
  2. Connect the device to a hard-wired or Wi-Fi network with internet access.
  3. Once connected, open the library collection view.
  4. Next, tap the media device icon in the top left of the library window. Hint: This is the icon above the crate icon .
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate TIDAL with your Denon DJ device.
  6. Once activated, you will have access to all TIDAL content including personal & curated playlists, favorite songs, albums, artists etc.
1 Like

go to link.tidal.com to link the Prime 4 with the link code )

2 Likes

Hi I’ve updated the firmware but I’ve got to put a code in to tidal to link to my prime 4 only it doesn’t say where to put the code

You have to use a computer/smartphone/tablet to enable the device. Here is a short tutorial on how to do so:

Done all that only it’s not giving me no option to link the code from the prime 4

So, a recap.

Options:

• Use a better internet browser.

Installed new Prime 4 firmware without any problem from MacBook Air. Also, successfully linked to my Tidal account and played 4 songs without any problem. Will evaluate better when I get back tonight.

1 Like

Which code? a) the code that is displayed on the Prime 4 after you update to firmware 1.4 Beta, or b) the code to Redeem Free Tidal use for 3 months (the one that shows on the right of the Redeem button on the page where you download the firmware)

Installed via Windows installer with no issues. However, as the known issues states, you may want to wait before playing this out live.

Things I’ve noticed:

1. This is more a want than an issue: you can ONLY connect to Tidal, for ex…you can’t connect to a Networked Nas or your own wireless drive. I don’t use streaming services, so I thought maybe the songs would show the BPM’s on the site or when searching for a song or through playlists. It only shows the BPM after being analyzed on the unit. Seems this would only be useful for me in emergencies when I needed to just play a random song. I’m not sure if it’s just Tidal or other sites like BeatPort have all the info displayed already.

2. Random volume issues that I didn’t notice on previous firmware when loading songs into the decks. one deck will be drastically louder or softer than the other. Haven’t noticed if it’s just from my collection only versus Tidal downloads.

3. When beat matching and I already have the BPM in the metadata, it analyzes and says it recognizes my songs at the correct BPM but when playing, it still sets the grids at it’s own BPM setting on some songs. For example…when mixing even the same song on different decks, instead of the beats lining up, in Horizontal view, one will seem to float into place at the play marker to match the other deck rather than staying lined up correctly.

4. When fast scrolling through my EP analyzed crates, it will jump out of the files and into selecting different crates on the left hand side, as if I hit the Back button.

It did update my database to the newer faster version, but I’m going to have to go back to previous Firmware version for stability.

The searches are MUCH faster in this firmware.

Overall, a great update but hopefully they will let you connect to your own data wirelessly in the future, for example DropBox or NAS. This would benefit me the most VS forcing a subscription to a service I may never use, as I’m already in a record pool.

2 Likes