Jog wheels started go crazy

Raising or lowering the jogs a few mm (with small screwdrivers) would not have any effect on what you’re experiencing. The capacitive touch “sensor” (if we can call it that) is purely a connection from the bottom of a metal plate on your jog wheel (that you touch) directly to the pcb. The touch plate is held onto the jog using a very thin film of conductive double sided tape. It makes connection to a metal tab directly underneath it. This metal tab is then connected to the pcb with a screw. There are no wires etc… to potentially come loose. What could happen is that the touch plate might not be making a good connection to the metal tab, which would make the jog unresponsive at times. But this is the exact opposite of what you’re experiencing. Due to the fact that you mention one of the jog displays sometimes acts frozen at bootup, I would try reloading firmware first. If that doesn’t help, you gonna have to send it in.

1 Like

That is real nice explained. And it is true. If you have bad connection of the ground to your platter, it gets even more worse. don´t lift the platter. please send this device to a local authorised repair center instead. they will fix the ground connection and everything works fine again.

Thank you both of you. This is what I will do, go for service as soon as possible.

Thank you and I will come back to explain what was the issue after the service.

1 Like

Try this.

Get a can of air and blow gently underneath the platter.

Because this might be happening to you also.

2 Likes

Dear Wykey1 thank you. The attached video shows the left platter and how the problem begun. Left platter didb what you see in the video for only 1 day. Then all next days and until now, left platter works perfect but right platter when unit is cold touch is not working. After 30 to 40 minutes and doing nothing the touch comes alive itself and works perfect even if you do several reboots. The problem comes again when the controller is off for more than 1 or 2 hours and the power up.

Yeah that’ll probably help in the short term, though you’ll just blow the dust around so it may easily reoccur. Definitely easier than pulling the deck apart though.

What it really needs is a mod kit designing to replace the brake mechanism with something that gives a nicer feel and no brake dust. I guess more/larger brake pads with a material change should help.

1 Like

Dear members, A small update on my issue. Special Thanks to Metro Audio Systems (Denon DJ distributor for Greece and also to Audio & Vision company, DENON DJ service for Greece. The controller was repaired without any special part change and both jog wheels are working fine. Another HUGE thank to Andreas from Audio Vison that he did the repair. (regarding the issue it had to do with the internal grounds or something similar) My prime 4 is back in home and works perfect!!!

6 Likes

Great to hear!

1 Like

Yes Anthony, I am happy too!!! Thanks for helping on this.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.