Is paying 204,00 dollar every year the sollution to your professional music software?

It depends on the gigs. A good all day wedding with civil ceremony and cocktail/nibbles on the lawn music duties as well as the evening can be easily over £1500.

But in some cases I’m happy to slum it down at fun-bar / pub gigs for 3 hours or so now and again lol

Haha yeah i was taking the mick… id fully expect a wedding do up here to be a 4 figure sum, and personally i would want that much for the stress alone:)

My current gig is sound, £130 cash in hand for 7-11pm in a Tapas bar. Not the liveliest crowd but allows me to play whatever i like without too much fuss.

1 Like

Hi STU I use a 2017 Macbook and recently purchased Serato pro but the Macbook really runs hot after a few minutes. Do you have the same problem with the M1 Macbook?

Not used it enough to say for sure Jay, still on my 2015 model for Serato. Once I get this Reloop box setup I’ll be able to tell you way more info on the M.

I will say that it eats up photo and video editing tasks without getting remotely hot though so definitely better in that respect. The heat has never affected my old one though just make sure it’s on a good flat surface with ventilation or laptop stand id say.

Cheers mate, I’m tempted to go for a new Macbook but I know I’m going to get grief from the wife as the money could be used for other things (that she likes) :grin:

1 Like

I have a 2023 M2 14inch Macbook Pro, that i have never heard the fan spin.

I use it with Serato and Engine DJ.

And it does not run hot. Cold machine.

2 Likes

I use a 2022 M1 with heavy protools, izoptope and multiple plugins with video use and I’ve never heard the fan kick in either, as opposed to my 2018 MBP who’s fan is so loud it’s unusable for audio work.

2 Likes

Haha I’d run with that one for a bit, just make sure you close everything else down and I always turn wifi and BT off too, so it’s on pure Serato mode for the CPU. Mine gets proper hot and it never bothers it

1 Like

Zero issues here. Already did a 7hr+ gig entirely on battery with Serato DJ Pro, which still runs via Rosetta, and had >30% juice left. I love my 16" M1 Pro, what a beast (and beauty) of a machine!

• Performance per watt → still best in class
  • Overall silence / fan-noise → still best in class
  • Battery life (with M1 Pro) → still best in class
  • Screen (MiniLED, 120Hz, Scaling) → still best in class
  • Speakers (bloody good) → still best in class
  • Trackpad quality → still best in class
  • Build quality, materials → still best in class
  • Resell value → still best in class
  • Port selection → very solid
  • Keyboard → very solid
  • Webcam 1080p → solid (notch doesn’t bother me)
  • Repairability → 4/10 iFixit (better than nothing)
  • Upgrade prices → suçks
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.