Improved search function

I know the 8000 has really been maxed out with the new updates but could there be space for a improved search function like a actual search option and utilise the touch strip for typing or at least be able to put a couple of letters for improved search results ?

2 Likes

Either that or being able to use the platter to quickly scroll would be great.

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion @DjDFOUR, I will pass onto the team.

Regards J

2 Likes

another downside in the tracks search it’s not having the possibility to see the artwork of each track in the list, the artwork is more easy to memorize and remember than the only track title. (like old style dj with vinyls, it was sufficient to just look at the cover of the vinyl to immediately remember the sound of its track while mixing and choosing them). Anyway maybe I guess it’s not technically possible to add artworks to the track list of the mcx 8000, instead if I’m not wrong the prime 4 shows artworks.

1 Like

I agree with you, search function should be improved, for the other things the controller works good.

1 Like

I also agree with this improved function and the display of CD covers. To be honest this is the only function I regret my XDJ R1 with visualization via ipad. (and also the reliability of rekordbox, but engine will improve, is not it?)

As was done back in 2006 with the Denon DN-HD2500, the first generation of smart stand alone controllers from the Denon paddock.

1 Like

My suggestion is a firmware update which will allow the Needle Drop to be utilized as a fast search bar for tracks. Once you set your alpha letter “A” then use the drop to search whatever you have it set in (title, artist…maybe other search options but those two are the mains). This will save a tonne of time when you are trying to go through mmmmmmmmmmmany names to find for example “Az Yet” if used with the drop can be found very quickly.

1 Like

Totally agree! I still have a few 2500’s that go out regularly, love those units. The needle drop is a great idea. Something, anything, to improve the search function would be the cherry on top of the 8000 for me and I suspect anyone who uses it standalone with a large library.