Import Rekordbox beatgrids?

Just bought a pair of SC6000s and loving almost everything about them. Coming from a rekordbox USB leaves me almost entirely ready to go right out of the box.

The one thing I see as holding me back from just putting these on any gig and telling Rekordbox based DJs that they’ll be fine with absolutely no prep however, is just the lack of beatgrid import.

Loading a tune for the first time - it takes some time for the player to generate a beatgrid (which is often wrong), though while it’s doing this, the player displays the bpm which is saved to metadata, however doesn’t display the changed bpm, based on the pitch fader being moved.

Presumably the easiest solution here would be to be able to import the beatgrids which myself and other DJs have already put hours into tidying up in rekordbox.

Is there anything I’m missing here? Anyway I can streamline the process for pioneer based DJs to jump on these decks in a gig without having touched the Denon hard/software? It feels like this setup is 95% there (and miles ahead of me having to scroll through my file structure if I’m plugging in to a Serato setup)

You want to get on board with this:-

It’ll import between all the major software brands.

1 Like

+1 for what @yeltsin says. Lexicon will do it

That’s not really helpful for other djs jumping on the equipment though…

Can you just tell them to DL Engine desktop and import their rekordbox info, then export to a USB drive?

As a Serato user, rekordbox doesn’t do this well either. Last time someone told me to just “put your tracks on a USB and plug it into the CDJ”. It didn’t work well at all. Instead, I wish they would have told me to DL rekordbox and slap my track onto a USB from there. The extra time involved would have been a lifesaver.

Anybody jumping on my equipment would be tasting my fist down their throat. :joy::joy::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Yep. By all means Lexicon looks amazing, though my concern is more with getting other DJs instantly familiar and comfortable with a foreign setup. What’s already in place comes SO CLOSE - sadly that’s not enough for any DJ who takes themselves seriously and wants to walk in to a set knowing they’ll be able to perform what they’ve prepared and without waiting on the player to analyse. Maybe I’ve just gotten to used to DJs who think they’re Andy C and need to be cueing up a new tune every 40 seconds

For the meantime this is going to have to be the way I suppose. Should be fine for any local DJs, though wouldn’t cut the mustard for touring acts. Will need to wait for another campaign for them to #changetheirrider

It seems a foreign enviroment for about 5 minutes and then it just feels natural