how to add new tracks with out duplicating or starting completely over

im sorry but if im missing something its really not apparent.

-lets say i have a master file with all my music sorted by genre _I run the sync to a hard drive and plug into and connect to prime 4 for mixing

• i download new music to my master file and want to get it all on my hard drive. _ how the F$#@!@!@ do i get it onto my hard drive with having to A: completely wipe my hard drive clean and re analyze all my tracks or B: not resync and get duplicates of everything.

seriously every time io add new music I either get duplicates or have to completely delete everything from the hard drive and reanalyze it all.

it seems to me there should be an easier way to sync a folder???

am i missing something???

please make this easier

1 Like

Yup dont use sync. Drag the tracks direct onto prime 4 in the correct place and analyze direct from there. Same as you do on computer just do it on prime 4.

There is no efficient way to update the playlists

https://community.enginedj.com/t/update-existing-playlist-engine-dj-desktop/36820?u=mufasa

Hi, I have the same issue I guess… Workflow is super important for me. I figured out that you sync my file structure to Engine DJ. The file structure hold all my tracks per genre, on a daily basis I add new tracks. With a small program, I am able to add the new tracks automatically to the right playlist, which represent the genres. After adding the tracks, Engine DJ is started, with automatic analyze activated, meaning after a view seconds I am ready to go. I have the structure on my laptop,but the import I do from the USB drive point of view. This way I don’t have to use sync manager to do an export to the USB drive.

Hey, just to be clear, you mean “Load each track, one by one, into the deck, and wait for the analysis”?

I just want to be sure there isn’t an efficient method I’ve been missing that would allow me to walk away from the Prime 4+ while it analyses new files, vs having to interact with them one by one and wait for them to complete.