Hello prime! Hello Soundswich!

Greetings… Let me introduce myself, I have been using an rx2 until now, these last 4 years, before I had a denon mc3000, and now I want to make the leap to the prime 4, also because of the autonomous mode, without internet and without a pc… for many reasons I want to put my time with Pioneer behind me, although I can’t speak badly about that machine, it has never given me any problems. I have many questions about prime 4 and I’m sure those of you who have it can help me and over time help other users…

1.- The control of the stage lights by DMX, do you always have to use a PC to use soundswich? Or can it be connected in some way so that the DMX spotlights work automatically?

2.-Do you think that with time it will be possible to improve the prime 4, in the quantity and quality of the effects, as well as adding new ones, such as pitch, trans…etc…? Or do you think they will launch another controller model in the short to medium term? Thank you… and greetings

Welcome to the forum. Prime 4 is an amazing controller. I own it almost 2 years and I can tell you do the move. About your questions,

1. You have to create a scene with your pc and sound switch. Then you export the file to prime 4 and then you can play with the integrated dmx.
  2. Effect section is something that many djs ask months and months for improvements but no light yet.

Chris

Thanks… So, if it’s not with a PC and software, it’s not possible to make the DMX work to the rhythm of the music? I thought that using the adapter was enough, and the software to program something more difficult…

You need the pc and software to create some scenes then you export this file to the prime 4 and you can play. So, you need the soundswitch software. Direct with the cable and prime 4 without any file created by sound switch is not possible to use it as a standalone dmx.

thanks for your clarification. Very useful… I thought that with the cable alone, it could work to the rhythm of the music like any DMX table does with the audio input

Do you think it would be possible to create scenes, and use the autoloops mode using the soundswich program and using the license that comes free for 3 months, and save the file in the prime 4 and have the DMX lights work correctly? thank you

moin @dj_chris After receiving mail from Soundswich, they confirmed that it is possible to do it with the interface, and that a PC would not be necessary to use it live, only with the interface cable. In Spain it costs about €35 and with the three free months of license it would be enough to create some basic patterns and analyze the library with Soundswich, the songs added later would work with autoloops, or using the program again after paying for subscription

"Ok, great what you will need is a laptop running SoundSwitch that way you can set your fixtures up and configure these.

You will then be able to Autoscript the Audio files that you will be using on your Prime 4.

Once this has beendone you can export your SoundSwitch project to the Prime 4 and connect the SS Interface directly to the Prime 4 and then control your fixtures with no need for the Laptop.

Check out this video below:"

in the end and seeing that everyone speaks wonders of the lights controlled by Soundswich, I have bought the DMX interface and 4 moving heads… when I finish fixing my library, I will download the program and start using it, I will tell you about my experience with the free 3-month version included :wink: