heat issues

I am considering buying a prime 4, as I live in FL and alot of my gigs are outside. Does anybody has issues with over heating? As the 2016 and up MAC’s have overheating issues. thats why I am thinking about picking up a prime 4.

Sorry m8, we have fall weather 3 quarters of the year LOL. Temperatures I should worry about only happen a few times a year. That said, even in relative warm and humid indoor circumstances I haven’t noticed any significant temperature raises.

Same country here. Only waterproof issues.

As for the heat issues, it’s all depending on a bit of shadow, a bit of a breeze etc. At least try to avoid direct sunlight for any type of device.

2 Likes

Just that really. Common sense, give it some shade, maybe a desk fan blowing on it.

Don’t use a decksaver - it’ll be a greenhouse!

On especially hot days even minimise the power on time for your main party device by running pre-show or background music off of a different source

Don’t go anywhere without my E-Z Up tent in the summer.

ok… so … i have no shade, as im djing on cliffs and beaches where its all ■■■■ it and see with my prime go… and direct sunlight can not be avoided… in temps of 32degrees C. what will happen if it overheats…? and im guessing itll all be fine when it cools down. im touring thailand with my GO

Buy a parasol

1 Like

if you saw where im djing from the only option to set a parasol up, would be to employ a small child to hold it while i stream, thrashing him with a stick if his attention to the job wanders ,. lol

Like with any electrical item, if you expose it to direct sunlight it will eventually shut down due to the heat. I don’t know what the lasting damage would be but for the cost of the items, do you want to risk finding out?

There’s always a shade option. Try a box/flightcase on its side, open end facing you, Prime inside -

1 Like

@corolized I have worked this summer in the south of Spain without problems, the only thing is that if you have a lot of sun, the screen and the colors of the pads did not look good, but no problem of overheating, and believe me it was very hot

1 Like