Format PC, moving collection/cues .

Hello,

I need to format my PC but I don’t want to loose my collection and my cues or to have any trouble. There’s some topics talking about this but they are pretty old so I wanna make sure i will not loose anything ! What is the safest procedure to do ?

1 Like
  1. Copy in Engine soft to Engine Target (pendrive) all collection. If too big…
  2. Copy all music directories included songs (with hidden .DDJMEMO (memo/wfm) dir) + DENONDJ2 in root folder to another partition or HDD.

If your music selected random directories 1-1 song, use the first. If arranged, faster the second.

I’m created exclusive partition to Denon songs with only music folders. After exit Engine, copy all file (included hidden files) to pendrive and working “offline” without PC.

Moin @Dj_v,

thanks for this advise.

Quick question:

is this an advise in general or specific for a streaming service or something else?

I didn’t find these files in my Engine Library.

Thanks for your endeavours in this matter

Brgds BeatMaster

I’m used standard Engine (with Denondj2 folder), not Engine Prime (with Engine library folder). My legacy player not supported Prime database or Memo data → folder problem, plus database/WFM(Memo) not compatible.

If you don’t know what libraries are created by themselves, put 1 file on a thumb drive and drag it into the engine, then exit and see what other libraries are created. Memo data created the all included music folder: X:\Trance.ddjmemo (hidden) X:\Trance\Vocal_Trance.ddjmemo (hidden)

The MEMO stored waveform (WFM) and CUE + HOTCUE points + reloop data. If stored the player, not a computer, write additional: pitch, pitch range, vinyl mode or not settings.

My wav files modified the Engine. The files deleted in database, delete WFM, drag and drop to Engine, earlier stored Artist, Name, BPM, etc. information loaded again, not need rewrite → The wave file modified with the “Denon data” as the ID3 in mp3. Please test your files, drag to Engine, and see modification date/time + original and new size! Newer and bigger than original file. If your files mp3, check the ID3 tag (bpm, etc.) updated after insert to Engine or not.

I’m not use mp3, only wav (lossless, CD quality), ID3 tag info updating??? Not tested. Delete ONE file and test it!

Moin @Dj_V,

thanks for your detailed answer.

Unfortunately it doesn’t match, so I think it is very particular and it depends on the personal settings and the workflow of the questioner @tachycardie

The structure of my USB stick is as follows (I can’t detect any hidden files) and the file names are self explaining:

If I do act in an improper way, pls be so kind as to let me know, otherwise thanks again for your endeavours in this matter.

Enjoy the day and brgds BeatMaster

Ok, I’m tested Prime: attached 2 file. Files not modified. All info stored the Engine Library\ *.db files.

Your need copy all FLAC files to backup and “Engine Library” folder (from X:). Format your drive, and go back to earlier source (X:\ ) or another location (Y:\ ). The drive (C, D, E, F, …, X, Y, Z) change not problem, DB file not stored full patch, started at “/Music/DJ Bobo - Bye Bye Bye.mp3” not stored R:\Music\DJ Bobo - Bye Bye Bye.mp3. Only need same drive to music and “Engine Library” folder.

Copy audio files + Engine Library to other location (backup), remove (eject) the original drive, and test your Prime!

My test result: Moved Engine Library folder from R: to K: without sound files. Started Prime, song list still, but red (offline). Close. Copy the Music/DJ Bobo - Bye Bye Bye.mp3 file, run again: this file white, all other red. All other copy to K:, all white the list → simple copy to another location working!

To test all file copied/moved to backup: after copy/move run the Prime, and see RED names. If available, you not copied/moved all files! Search and copy.

Dear @Dj_V,

thanks for your reply but I’m confused.

Is this addressed to me? https://community.enginedj.com/t/format-pc-moving-collection-cues/46156/5

I don’t have an problems with DJ Bobo or mp3 or redlined tracks.

To whom will the above mentioned item concern?

Thanks and enjoy the evening

Brgds BeatMaster

I just wrote a filename as an example. And I wrote the red lines so that you can check after copying that everything has been copied.

If there is a red line, then no.

The point is that if you copy all the music files and the “engine library” library, you keep the settings (BPM, WFM, CUE, …).

Dear @Dj-V,

Thank’s now I took it

Brgds BeatMaster