Firmware update thoughts

When I checked it after the announcement, it was listed as 1.3.1, so it looks like they have rolled it back. It’s looking like there was a pretty big bug from what I am hearing, from fellow SC5000 owners, regarding HID mode and Serato.

@amarillis - I must agree with you. I bet they have worked hard… But like I statet in another post - had higher hopes.

Love:

• The Key-adjust feature.
  • Create playlists / folder feature.

Miss:

• Activating pre-defined loops before pressing Play (mentioned after the last update took that feature away)
  • Rating tracks on-the-fly (mentioned more than 1 year ago)
  • Add comments on-the-fly (mentioned more than 1 year ago)
  • Option to correct wrongly analyzed tracks on-the-fly (by tapping, editing the numbers in the bpm or like in Serato mode on MCX8000 - (mentioned since the release of SC5000))
  • Naming hotcues on-the-fly

One can only wish.

I use neither. Can someone send me their SC5000 1.3.1? Would like to try it this evening.

2 Likes

See my links on other topic.

2 Likes

You guys are always complaining or what ? yes some things are missing but it’s not the last update and i’m pretty sure pre-defined loops and and rating are already included by Denon same things with other stuffs mentionned :slight_smile: Denon need now some big improvement for EP software

1 Like

About “can’t find v1.3.1 on the webpage”

By JWiLL

We discovered an issue with SC5000 1.3.1 build when used with Serato. It seems that after performing the update 1.3.1 update, the deck will only control deck 1 within Serato DJ. We have since pulled the 1.3.1 download links and are investigating this with the highest priority. If you are suffering this issue please comment and follow this thread for the latest update and fix. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience and will have more information very soon.

Please let me know, i want it too! Thnx

I can send it to you, but it is a little buggy

All,

Please do not update to SC5000 1.3.1 at this time. As I mentioned in the post below, we discovered an issue when used with Serato DJ. We are investigating with issue with the highest priority and have since removed the SC5000 1.3.1 links.

All other updates are ok, this issue is limited to the SC5000 1.3.1 release. We apologize for the inconvenience and will have more information soon.

Awhile ago in one of these threads someone from Denon said they would be making the phase-meter work without sync in an upcoming firmware release. This still hasn’t happend and is quite inconvenient. I do not like sync but to use the phase meter I’m stuck turning it on. I can see no reason for this lack in functionality when the competitors not only have it, but even offer multiple options to go about it.

2 Likes

Agreed

And as you say this is not the last update ever and ever amen.

There is also, despite what the forever “rain-on-your-parade” damp squibs are trying to push, no way that this is in any way a minor, or interim firmware update.

Today has supplied a massive response to all the listening that Denon DJ has done for its users. We users wanted the top end freqz improved. We wanted the ultra higher resolution industry topping pitch control steps. We wanted to be able to do playlists and crates on the players themselves as they are standalone. We wanted a comments field, a date added field, we wanted to search by those fields… Countless other features, requests, adjustments and new functionality got requested by us too. We wanted proper Denon DJ provided database conversion of other music programs libraries without paying a company that’s out of the development loop for it. We listed over the Prime 4 music harmony key adjusting mixing features and wanted it so it didn’t taint the audio quality of the track, all on the touch screen. Over 200 things requested on the forum at a rough count and this update has supplied loads of those features, And that’s just for the 5000.

Today brought us several new features for the x1800 mixer prime too, including mic features, display features, screensavers and brightness control, new menu options and layouts, and all sort of other requests from us on this forum. We got given all that today too.

5000m owners, which isn’t me, I’ve got the 5000s) had some things they wanted changed with platter movement and pop reduction after scratching and other repeating platter moving etc - that’s in there too.

Then new Engine Prime is provided as well today, again with a lot of forum members owners requests.

Out of hundreds of requests the forum held from us, we’ve all been given a hell of a lot of them. Were we going to get 250 requests met in one single update? Of course not. But what we got today is absolutely massive and the timing now makes perfect sense around the shipping dates announcement for the prime 4 which shares the key harmonic mixing, new engine Prime, the extra search tag fields and so much more. This is an amazing day to be a prime user or potential prime user.

5 Likes

Whoops! Luckily I grabbed it earlier. I don’t use it with Serato so I’m covered either way. :stuck_out_tongue: But glad they are tending to the matter quickly for those who do!

1 Like

I don’t use Serato so everything is working fine for me.

2 Likes

Any news on the jog pitch bend with the new update for some of you guys that have it and can test it?

I for one am super excited to fully try everything out tonight!!! A BIG thank you to Denon for these updates! I know we’ve been super hard on you guys but I promise there’s a LOT of good here that I know we’ll all appreciate!

1 Like

The jog bend has not been changed on the non-M that is still asymmetrical and twice as sensitive as it needs to be in forward, and the M’s jog bend with motor off is still about the same sensitivity in both directions as the non-M is in forward. That couldn’t have been a high priority when people were having the (kind of alarming) speed problems, InMusic wanted to preliminarily change the corner frequencies and curves of the (I presume) SRC filters for us, and they were developing the Prime 4, too.

Anyone else noticed the pitch increments of .01% seem harder to lock in? i found it impossible to lock a track in at 0.82%. The pitch was constantly jumping from 0.81% to 0.83%. Then later in the track i was able to fine tune it. Not a massive deal but a little annoying when you want to set the pitch and focus on a long transition to be constantly trying to dial in the pitch. Cannot remember how this was in the initial firmware release but far from ideal in the latest release. Saying all that, still way better than the 0.05 increments on the old firmware.

Otherwise enjoying the update and hoping for more features/regular updates going forward

The larger the pitch range, the harder it gets, of course.

I mostly use +/-4% and no problems there.

Isn’t that the expected behavior? If you have smaller increments, it requires less movement to change the increment…

1 Like

Completely expected behavior and not a problem. It’s a totally ludicrous thing to think the pitch wobbling between two adjacent one or two hundredths of a percentage randomly is going to foul up a blend, let alone the nonsense I was hearing both on this forum months ago and on the Pioneer forum that the solution to that was LESS PITCH RESOLUTION.