Filter and Noise don't work with Roll effect

Filter and Noise don’t work with Roll effect I don’t know if it’s a mistake, or if both can’t work together, that is when we use FX the Roll effect, the filter knob doesn’t do anything, neither does the Noise. If you can get it to work that would be great, as a good way to get out of the Roll would be to fade it out with the filter… thanks I have a Prime 4

The ROLL effect samples the deck associated with the FX deck (1 or 2) and plays it continuously following the set beats. But the FX effects are played after the Sweep FX effects in the sound chain, so your ROLL sampling will not pass through the Sweep FX and therefore that sample will be identical to how it was when it was sampled. What maybe you can do (but it has to be verified because I’m not sure), you could activate the ROLL while you are running the filter or noise and it would be stored in the samples (maybe) and then the roll would be played with the track “filtered”. But that’s not what you thought you were getting.

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks, it’s a shame that it can’t be done, I think using an X1850 can do it, but of course I have the Prime 4, it would be a good improvement for the future. And the solution you say to apply the filter before, doesn’t work for me either, since what I want is to fade the Roll loop with a filter to make the mix, thanks anyway

1 Like

Is this not just standard routing? I’m not sure it would be “fixed” in the future as I think it would involve routing changes that would open up more issues than it would be worth.

Input > Eq > filters/sweep > fx > output

If you’re just looking to filter out a roll could you not just use the roll on the pads instead? Or just a loop even. That way you would have full control of sweep fx and a free fx channel on top.

1 Like

yes, that’s how I do it, but I don’t always have HOTCUES free to improvise… but if you can’t, then nothing, thanks anyway

Yes, I know it was not what you wanted to do, in fact I had also written it here:

I don’t think it will be changed, also because with this routing we have the possibility to apply a filter to the track (by Sweep FX) and then to pass it through the echo (by FX Effects), which is also good.

This is a great idea, I never thought about it. Nice, thanks. :+1:

You don’t need Hot Cues to do what @dannymal wrote: you have to use the rolls which are in the functions of the light pads: immagine

1 Like

if I understand what you say, but I don’t know if there is any way to keep it without holding the button, to have that hand free, is there any way? I don’t know for example pressing the Roll and Shift pad. or something like that? thank you

If your just holding it and not jumping between different beat intervals then your better off just using a loop and adjusting the size. That’s basically all the roll effect is doing anyway.

Another solution would be to just forget the filter while using roll fx and as an alternative… with the fx activated, turn the wet dry to max(wet). Stop the track that you are using the fx on and it will continue to loop since it’s a sample. Now you can use the fx frequency as a filter. This is more of an eq filter than an fx filter as it has no resonence but it serves the same purpose.

2 Likes

I think it’s the best idea, thanks