Fader problem X1850

Hi Guys,

I got a issue with my channel 2 fader on my X1850.

Some guy threw a drink in the air and some of the liquid landed on the mixer and now my channel 2 fader acts up.

If I gently push the fader to the right the audio goes straight through on full volume, even If the fader is all the way down.

And when I just push it 0.5 cm up, the volume is full on.

Can I use some sort of contact cleaner spray to fix the issue temporarely… I have bought this:

Or will it make more damage than good to the unit?

My Denon importer dont have a new fader until sometime in january, so cant get a new before that.

Best regards Engell

The fader isn’t user replaceable, so that replacement isn’t gonna do you much good unless you’re handy with a soldering iron.

You’ll want to use deoxit fader contact cleaner and a toothpick wrapped in a thin microfiber cloth to clean the fader rails. Do not apply pressure. A couple of cleanings should fix it.

1 Like

Never, ever spray nothing to the fader. The residue will be cleaned when You do that, but it will flow from the fader out on to the PCB.s, and that can cause more damage than good. When fader is broken - only replacement is recommended. If You can get an ALPS faders with same parameters - same impedance and size + pinout - then go for replacement. Best would be to fix it with someone who is experienced in soldering and general electronics disassembly.

But… Denons scandinavian distributor said that they didnt have replacements parts before januar, so I could try the spray :crazy_face: So I did… Didnt work. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

As said, any fader that will fit physically and have the same electrical parameters will work. Best it to go for ALPS faders if You want long lifetime on them.

1 Like