Engine Prime v1.3.2 Now Available!

I actually just figured that out. Thanks for your help though. And for this update, EP seems to be a lot quicker / responsive. Great update. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Yes, fully updated windows, updated gpu drivers, restarted pc. Even uninstalled Engine Prime and Re-installed. Left loading screen now for over 1 hour

Hi, another problem, I can select files but can’t copy/move them into another playlists or crates.

Any ideas ? (Same problem on 3 differents computers)

Does it work on mac OsX Mojave ?

Yes, Mojave is 10.14.

Of couriosity… And maybe for future reference for dev/ betateam…maybe the knowledge will help them do error-search to improve…

Do you use Engine Prime as your main library management, or iTunes or anything else? Personally I use iTunes, this also meens that moving tracks between crates is done in iTunes… So without knowing if there actually is a issue, it might be good knowledge how you maintain your library…

1 Like

Please be aware that MacOS Catalina does not include iTunes anymore. iTunes will be replaced by a “Music” application and that application does not support the XML format historically used by 3rd parties to interface with iTunes collections. iTunes added support several versions back for a new method (API actually) for 3rd parties to interface with the music library, which will be the ONLY existing method in the new Music application, but it seems that most 3rd party DJ application developers are to lazy to even care. Don’t know if Engine Prime still uses the old XML method or replaced it with the new API method, but I think we better exercise caution when Catalina comes out, probably in the next couple of weeks.

Denon has already made a post about this, telling us not to update to Catalina yet.

Correct. Just wanted to point out the reason the next macOS update will probably break several other DJ applications as well.

I have exactly the same problem! This is worse than the last version (for me). I’m using Mac OS Mojave. The main problem is

EP keeps freezing, if I try to select more than one track (and I’m taking about 10 tracks not 100s or thousands) then the software freezes and I can’t drag them anywhere. The only way to get the software working again is to reboot. This really needs to be fixed.

Hi @Steevo,

I am also on Mojave 10.14.5 but do not experience this behavior in my environment.

Do you have drives connected to your computer or are you selecting music from internal collection?

Try renaming the Engine Library folder (Music/Engine Library) temporarily and import new music to see if its the application or the collection causing the hang up. You can change the name back to Engine Prime to see all of your music again.

I’ve actually gone back to 1.3.1 and I’m happy about it! I never thought i’d Say that :joy::joy::joy:. I’ll wait until the bugs are sorted out!

OK but we should still try to figure out what’s causing the issue so we can fix for the next release. Since we can’t reproduce, we don’t have any visibility of the issue meaning that it won’t be fixed.

You’ll 100% want to upgrade to the next release version :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. Downloaded, now I’m about to test it out and add new tracks. Please make it easier to transfer collections from thumbdrive to thumbdrive even if I’m using another computer the tracks will show up in the new thumbdrive. Thanks again.

I’m listening :face_with_monocle:

:zipper_mouth_face:

Meeeeeeee toooooooooo!!! Hmmmmmmmmmm.

How did u do that? This this is buggy.

Hi @djbooks, you can safely roll back to v1.3.1 just be reinstalling the application again.

Here is a link to the previous Engine Prime build.

It would go a long way for all users if you could document the behavior in the Engine Prime Bug Report area.

We appreciate your help!

I updated to 1.3.2 from 1.3.1 just now, I was analysing some files and my computer died/switched off, I guess it overheated, but now when I have rebooted the machine Engine Prime wont start, it displays the splash screen, proceeds to “creating client” then dies with no error.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.3.1 and it wont open either.

Long and the short of it I cant open engine prime at all now.

Machine is windows 10.

Great update. Much faster response. We now have file type. I’ll get in under the hood later but first impressions on Mac OS 10.14.6 is great. You’ve already noted the non selection of the collection that needs fixing. Nice job Denon. Now we need a firmware update for the 5000/5000M’s

2 Likes