Engine Prime and library management is so frustrating

I agree to an extent, the reason its done like that is because thats how Pioneer/Rekordbox works and they were/are the industy leader, a lot of DJ’s only want to take a planned set on a small USB drive but like you say times are changing and people now want their whole collection with them.

I disagree that it needs to be rewritten, it just needs to sync changes between your master collection and external USB drives much better, hopefully this is on the way. Also make sure you are using an SSD USB 3 drive and port, it is sooooo much quicker.

You dont need to wipe the drive each time, I just plug the drive in sync my changes from my usb back to the master PC collection. Any new/files/playlists that I change on the PC I just manually re export them to the drive, you dont need to do the whole lot only the new/changed ones, its not ideal but it works.

I think I tried that but the Primes kept saying file not found , or that kind of thing.

I did try making crates called WEEK41, WEEK42 etc and putting my new buys in those crates and that works but it’s not exactly intuitive , I should have to change to work Engine Prime - Engine Prime should do the work for me!

The syncing thing has never worked for me. If I add a track in Engine Prime, to my portable music hard drives then at a gig I add some hot cue points and loops and stuff then later connect that drive back to my engine Prime computer then I’m stuck , the cues and loops don’t show up on engine Prime, before or after trying to press sync

1 Like

Hallo DJ Dark,

sorry, aber ich muss jetzt nochmal Nachfragen: Wie soll das gehen? :slightly_smiling_face: ich habe meine externe HD (in meinem Fall im P4 eingebaut) mit meiner Ordnerstruktur und vielen vielen Unterordnern.
Wie bekomme ich genau diese Struktur in die Collection mit allen Unterordnern übertragen, dass die dann auch so angezeigt werden? Irgendwie steh ich da voll auf dem schlauch!? Um nochmal neu zu beginnen würde ich den Ordner “Enginen Libary” auf der SATA löschen, oder?

Gruß Marc

Das ist ja noch das schwierige an Engine Prime. Es geht nicht ohne eigene Arbeit. Du musst jeden einzelnen Ordner, Stück für Stück, in deine Hauptlibrary auf den Rechner importieren. Danach, kannst du diese an deinen Prime4 oder SC5000 senden.

Ich schrieb ja, es wäre schön, wenn Engine es einfach automatisch könnte …

Hallo DJDark,

kennst Du in der Zwischenzeit eine vernünftige Lösung für das Problem mit den Ordern - Unterordnern?

Gruß

Is there any way that engine prime doesn’t add a new version of the track when saving in two crates? I use one genre crate and one crate for gigs. If I now add a cue point to the track in the gig play it doesn’t get synced to the other track. That’s really frustrating… Is there a way to sync the infos on both tracks?

2 Likes

When exactly, are these enhancements coming Reese? Engine Prime is a travesty, for exactly the reason Christopia stated above.

When are you going to make it so that we don’t have to re-export our entire collections every time we add new music?

Ehm, I’m not staff or developer, but a simple user, so I cannot officially comment on that.

FWIW, I use Engine Prime since the first version with my library on an external SSD. I don’t use other software anymore like Traktor etc, but started from scratch. For myself, I would like to have a sync to an already structured files and folders location (with a missing/relocation option).

2 Likes