Engine OS for Windows Freezes On Initializing when updating

Hi there,

I have been using a very old version of the Engine software on Windows 7. I am using 1.3.3.

I have upgraded my Prime 4 to the latest version firmware, and was going to update the Engine OS software. However, whenever I try to install it (2.0 or 2.1), it freezes on initializing.

I do not want to have to uninstall the software I already have on it (1.3.3), because I don’t want to lose all my long hours of configuration/tagging/collection importing/etc.

Any idea what might cause this, and how to fix it? It is very frustrating.

All I really need is a version of the software that will allow me to drag A folder that contains subfolders into Engine & re-create the folder structure as playlists. It was very time consuming to have to manually make playlists from a master folder with many tracks & many subfolders before.

Thanks for your time.

Maybe you should shed some light: you’re talking about Engine OS for Windows, but Engine OS is only for consoles, not PCs. On windows you have to use Engine DJ Desktop, is this what you downloaded and what you want to install?

Yes, in Engine DJ Desktop it is possible to do what you ask. But first we should understand why you can’t install it.

My apologies. I am using Engine DJ Desktop. I get them confused, apparently. However, I am certain I downloaded the correct update file, because I did it via the link in the Engine DJ Desktop software. In the version area, it says I am using “Engine Prime version 1.3.3”. I am using Windows 7.

I am trying to install either the t2.0 or 2.1 Update. I have tried installing both, with the same error results. It gets stuck on ‘initializing’ & never passes that.

I hope this helps you help me.

Regards,

In the user guide it says that version 2.1.0 is compatible with Windows 10 64 bit. If you have Windows 7 I can’t tell you if it’s compatible, it usually works anyway but you should try: immagine

First of all I would uninstall the old version using the appropriate area in Windows. When the old (very old) version is deleted, I would do a nice reboot of the PC and then we start installing the new version.

Go here:

Click here:

immagine

When it is downloaded, you try to install it. Now that you’ve got rid of the old one, maybe it can work. Otherwise it means that you must have Windows 10 to be able to use the new version of Engine DJ Desktop.

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

From what you show me, it looks like I will have to find the last version that works with windows 7. Hopefully I can do folder integration that way, as a Windows 10 upgrade is out of the question at this time.

Thanks again.

Confirmed. I have the original rollout version of the software. They changed the name, which is why I was confused.

There is not a working Windows 7 version at this time. Again, not an option on my DJ laptop system to upgrade at this time, so I’ll have to use what I have.

I spoke with Denon phone support, and they confirmed this.

Thanks for the assistance.

1 Like