Engine os 1.5.1

New Engine OS 1.5.1 Firmware ready! Has anyone installed it? Will do it tonight on my 3 units :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just installed it on both my SC5000M’s.

Probably give it a spin tonight with a few beers, however i don’t think there is anything for me personally in this update which i would see benefit from.

2 Likes

Notes look good, it includes some issues I was having. I will test it out tonight, very happy!

2 Likes

track preview is finally fixed! Great update. Thanks Denon! :smile:

I downloaded it and started using beatport link. It’s an amazing update! However, deck 2 is now telling me it cannot find any WiFi networks although my WiFi is enabled and turned on. It WAS connected and suddenly when I was switching tracks in beatport link, it lost connection and hasn’t restored itself yet. I’ve tried almost everything I know to do and can’t reconnect for some reason.

try resetting the unit to default…this option is available now on deck options

Unfortunately I tried that and it still doesn’t work. I’ve tried resetting the router, resetting the media player to defaults, powering them down and unplugging them etc etc. Nothing seems to be working. Super strange

Since I’m a DJ that plays in the wide/wild open space like, beaches, mountains arena and so on, I’d like to see for the next release the ability to sync with a weather forecast provider…It will be exremely useful to know what’s the weather like in the next few hours… SHAME ON YOU DENON! You are giving us everything but what is the basic for djinng… Look at the FEATURES REQUEST AREA and tell me where the soundcloud and beatport requests are… For sure not at the top of the list…Anyway I really doubt that when in a crowded club someone will be so dumb to go on the NET to stream music…,must be crazy! This is NOT an update for the SC5000 users… Thumb up for the improved BPM algorithm! STOP!

1 Like

…because when you go to open spaces, you never take your phone?

As for the SoundCloud and Beatport services, Denon DJ announced last year about four streaming services being added. The only “requests” were from people wondering why it was taking so long.

2 Likes

Dumber still are the ones who don’t realise that to avoid the usual streaming issues, the prime models are download the entire track into memory before offering the track for playback.

1 Like

I updated engine, my 5000m and all other software too. Good to see some gremlins addressed concerning aac files. All updates went smoothly with no issues.

…because when you go to open spaces, you never take your phone?

I’m sorry. My phone cable is not so long…

So now we have TIDAL, SoundCloud, Beatport and…what’s next? Just to understand when the features request section would be taken into consideration…if this will ever happen…

1 Like

It already has

Since the 1980s, people have been using mobile (cell) phones.

This topic is turning into a troll fest

2 Likes

Just did a full set from tracks I didn’t know off of beatport link…so fun. Love this update.

So can we sort the playlists by key in Beatport Link? I didnt see the menu

After updating the OS I plugged in my removable drive - I hadn’t opened it on the laptop using latest Engine Prime. SC5000 happily booted, said “updating db on drive” and … all the playlists & crates we’re gone. The only way to access the tracks was via the file browser and all analysis data was missing. Rebooted, same thing, no “database corrupted messages”, just …nothing.

Opened the drive on the 1.5.1 v Engine Prime, playlists show up but they are empty. Tried a back db created with 1.5, same problem persists. Let’s see what the support says, some people have already posted about this on the Engine Prime forum - hopefully fixed soon, I need my library.

Yes. I don’t use the sync fonctionnalities, but since the 1.5.1, the sync button still lit, even unengaded. Confusing.

1 Like

Yup. even on 1.5.2 maybe on 1.5.3 lol