Engine not finding playlists and songs

Hi

I have encountered a problem where I was arranging my playlists and EDJ crashed and now when I re open EDJ only some 30 songs are showing and when I tried to restore the data it appears to not have saved. Worst it seems to have wiped all my songs from my drive (sata ssd) however my computer is still showing the files are still there. I have re installed engine but this has also not worked, I completed a 1st aid on my ssd no errors found. I am not that tech savy this is the first major issue I have had with EDJ and now I have no music can any one help, as the only other solution I have is to upload all my songs which would take weeks to go through and prep.

Hey there, I would suggest temporarily renaming the Engine Library folder from your internal Music folder, and any Engine Library folders from external drives you use. It sounds as though there may be some issue reading the database since you said the files are still visible on your OS. Try importing files to Engine after renaming the database files and this should tell you if the database is the problem or something else.

Many thanks I have managed to resolve the issue now all back up and running.

1 Like

Are we assuming that Engine Prime will automatically re-create a new library folder once the old one has been renamed? If not, how would renaming a folder affect anything? Struggling to understand this.

Exactly, the assumption is correct. This will start you off with a clean database file, and will surely tell the OP if the database is the problem or not.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.