šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.0.0 Now Available - Drop Sampler, Engine Remote Library, Pad Display + More!

3.0 released.

AIRHORN INTENSIFIESā€¦

13 Likes

The sampler is a big and neat surprise. Same for the Pads HUD. Very helpful.

Actually, itā€™s the (once again) overhauled database which strikes me even more. A solid and snappy core functionality is what forms the foundation for a great ecosystem.

Is there something to grouse about? Well yeah, for such a major version jump from 2.4 to 3.0 I had hoped for some more implemented long-requested features, like improved GUI, or chronological Hot Cues or Stacked Waveforms between players.

Also, there had been some bugs with the SC Live 4, like LED booting issues. Have some of these been addressed with V3.0? Canā€™t access and try on my device for the next few days, but I will do.

Anyway, great update. Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi @Djscottyb

Its as easy as just pressing Roll once and then you are at the Roll FX, and Shift + Roll, back at Samplesā€¦ :muscle:

2 Likes

True true! But I just have to hit one button to move back and forth quickly if I could just dedicate to slicer. Unless Maybe Something ELSE is coming to slicer in the future? :slight_smile:

Hmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

:heart_hands: great update!

1 Like

Iā€™ve just updated mac, Denon 4 and go and all my data se 2.4 arenā€™t working on any of the .

Fast solutions please?

Installed in minutes! Still going through stuff, but noticed that I canā€™t reorder tracks now (same as happened with 2.3.2!). Donā€™t know if anything else as yet. The usual work flow operations seem as normal. Fiddling around with the desktop source options. I suppose useful as and when needed (no different to using the internal drive, but not as instant loading (due to downloading). I continueā€¦ā€¦

This is looking sickā€¦ canā€™t wait to get back home

Still no memory cues! Iā€™m throwing my SC6000s and Go in the trash since they are worthless! How can I play without being able to put 20+ cues on my tracks?!1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, even these are not new features I would personally use glad to see so many users excited about them, kudos to Denon for not only updates but new features! Now whereā€™s the new hardware??

1 Like

i tried it and it works great, you can press 4 at a timeā€¦ use the effects on top of the samples and also you can use the roll fxā€¦no errors.

1 Like

Samples working good :+1:t6: . If anything just feel relieved they are now available. Gonna turn off system, pick up my car from the garage, come back and (hopefully) pick things back up again.

What about:

• Added the ability to maintain FX beat and parameter values (per effect) across power cycles*
  • Added the ability to reset FX beat and parameters to the factory default when changing effects*

*The current PRIME 4 system architecture employs a dedicated firmware-based FX engine and mixer. Effect improvements are planned to be added to the PRIME 4 in a future release.

Please explain the issue !

Preversion was 2.4 on mac and prime4

And now, look at this.

1 Like

ā€œAttentionā€ā€¦ ā€œDenon Delivers Heavyā€!!! :grinning::clap::clap:

In a nutshell, it means that for Prime 4 nothing has changed compared to version 2.4.xx as far as the FX part is concerned.

Here : Denon Engine DJ ver 3.0 - #19 by Myalteredsoul

Briliiant! Great features added!

I was hoping for Mixstream version to have a flashing button on active effect at some point! In really dark places one often forgets the switch on. :crazy_face:

Never rest Engine team!! Superb update!

2.4 library works flawlessly in v3 (Mac) for me :love_you_gesture:t3: (Did backup the library before upgrading though, just in case :blush:)

2 Likes

Great new features! Sampler works flawlessly, really well implemented. Remote library is a great addition too, my minds already thinking up ways to have my library running on my NAS now :o)

One thing I have noticed which I didnā€™t see mentioned in the release notes is that the recording function is disabled when using remote library the same way it is when streaming from Beatport/Amazon etc. Seems strange as the music is obviously mine and no different than the music on my SD card.

1 Like

My guess would be itā€™s down to the stability of the connection and the fact it could cut out/glitch.

1 Like