Engine DJ Desktop for Mac 2.01 Crashes just after start up

After I installed the ned update of Engine 2.01 I can’t open it. I mean it opens, but closes down right after the load bar finish. I was able to use the 2.0 version

I have a Mac Book Pro I9, running Catalina 10.15.7

I can open the ole Prime version, so right now the the only way I can update my database…so kind of fucked. I tried to reinstall by same problem

Anyone ??

Is your dBase on an external drive or local drive?

Local drive

I did delete the 2.01 and installed 2.0 and that works

Strange :flushed:

If that works I’d stay were you are for now then

I am having the same issue…

I have a DJ laptop (Macbook Pro) with 2 partitions of OSX, one for performance running OSX 10.13.6 and one for daily use & library prep running OSX 10.14.6. On the DJ partition, Engine DJ 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 both worked normally, but on my daily use & prep partition the software opens briefly and immediately closes without warning.

Additionally I have a Mac Mini running OSX 10.13.6 that I use in my studio that is having the same crashing problem, however the very first time I installed and opened Engine DJ 2.0.0 on the Mac Mini, it opened normally and I successfully closed it manually.

Any help understanding this problem and would be appreciated as I am hoping to transfer my library to Engine DJ!

Thanks for the feedback, we’ve shared this with our team.

1 Like

Any news on this?

I have HUGE trouble with the newest Engine version an my MacBook Pro 2021 with latest OS… Sometimes I need to open Engine DJ 20 times if it finally stays open. It crashes all thew time…

Hey @Buwihs - Happy to help and sorry for the late reply. How much space do you have on your MacBook? An Engine DJ database requires approximately 500 MB or more of free space on your external storage drive, depending on the size of your library.

Is it able to load without a source drive connected?