Echo effect is lowering volume

Same problem on my P4 too

Wouldn’t the “DJ” thing to do here be to increase the source levels to balance out the lowering ?

Isn’t that what the festival / poster / mtv DJs are doing when they’re touching the mixer controls like 4 times per bar ?

Not really no . Doesn’t matter what you do to source levels . The FX are applied on top of source levels . That won’t fix the issue , it will only make it louder

That’s probably it. Together with making sure that the gain path is balanced well, eg: try the fader lower, the channel gain higher and then trying the effects

After that try fader higher, channel gain lower, and trying the effects

Yep I just tested that if you only apply fx at the mid to high range frequencies and dint crazy with the wet/dry it sounds a lot smoother

same issue with my P4 effects

Same problem for me since i was buy it last summer.

I’ve created a bug report to see if this can be fixed. It seems it’s been a long term ongoing issue with someone people mentioning it up to 12 months ago! That’s far too long for a bug like this to be unaddressed. If you’re having this issue, pop over and give it a like so Denon can get onto a fix.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/effects-causing-volume-to-fluctuate/23380

1 Like

Very interested to see what the response from Denon DJ is on this. Their other units (Go) don’t appear to suffer the same problems. I have commented on the bug report. Hopefully get a fix on this soon as a DJ the echo is the most used effect for me.

OMG… No more words. Christopia could we see your social pages with your gigs please?

So having a “social page and gigs” makes you what… exactly?

A real human (dj we hope), and not a fake username managed by Denon’s staff. Let us see If you are a human! So, whats your instagram or fb id? :joy::joy::joy:

It’s really amazing the amount of dumbness you are displaying with every post here.

4 Likes

this place has got weird over the last 2-3 weeks or so

3 Likes

Good, I thought it was just me thinking that. I blame the Prime Go and Prime 2 owners that started flocking to the forum :joy: Ofc, (half)joking.

Omg I thought you’d opened an incredibly big can of worms there.

I think You’re kind of right about the :::::number::::: of observations and requests being boosted by prime 2 and prime go smart console DJs. My reasoning is, that the cheaper a thing is, the more people will own it. I wonder what the ratio is between owners of SC machines to prime 4/2/go

I don’t think that the quality of observations or suggestions has changed or can be attributed to the cheapness of the more recently released smart consoles though. Just the number of

News flash of the decade. People exist even without whoring themselves all over social media.

Myself, I used to have a Facebook business sub page for my wedding DJ activities but as lots of dj forums mention, the enquiries that DJs get through social media tend to be the really low quality leads. The tyre-kickers, the bottom-feeders, the leads that just want A cheap DJ, not a quality DJ.

I just use Facebook for friends and family now. Doesn’t mean I’m not a DJ though.

CHRISTOPIA is a FAKE USER managed by Denon staff. And there are so many other fake here on the forum like ENGELL and many others. They don’t have any social profile. A very true place this, compliments to Denon!

The only fake user here is you. Social media makes you even faker.

You’re an amateur who think he’s a pro while playing with your buddy behind the deck. Afraid of playing alone perhaps, I don’t know and don’t want to know.

I can tell you this. Soon you will be known here as Minus_Monomode and banned from this forum.

Back on-topic!

2 Likes

Yes, please back to on-topic. This is a crucial bug in my opinion and needs attention - but not that kind of attention we just had.

For me, I am currently just using the sweep fx, because many beat effects (most noticeable with echo and flanger) change the volume.

1 Like