Denon Prime Go

The Denon Prime Go is really a great compact professional player. The problem is that i cannot use it a professional performance at the moment. There are a couple issues.

The known issue that deck 2 freezes intermittently. I have to restart the device.

The second issue: When turning the sweep FX knobs quickly with use with filter there is bad audio quality noticeable! Like a very cheap filter sound: clicking/popping really annoying sounds. Are there more people who experienced this issue? I also noticed it happens with the master volume knob when I had to quickly turn the volume to zero.

Not had the deck freeze as I am still on 1.4 and I’m not upgrading till this is confirmed fixed in 1.6.

The volume on most of the fx is way too loud so I just don’t even touch them.

Shocking really that the unit was released with this obvious problem.

Deck freeze is a known issue and will hopefully be addressed in the next update. When who knows, hopefully soon.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the deck freeze was fixed in 1.6 I’d recommend updating if you are on 1.5 (where I definitely experienced it) as since the update I’ve not seen the issue again - it was listed as a bugfix in the release notes too, I’m pretty sure.

@DysfunkDJ did it freeze all the unit and then rebooted? This happened to me twice after updating my denon prime go to version 1.6.0. I hope they fix it soon.

Since 1.6 its not happened. The right deck wouldnt work on previous versions. Hope yours works out as it was super annoying.

Thanks. But my problem seems different. All the player freezes 2-3 seconds and reboots. It isn’t the right or left deck only. And before I updated to 1.6, it worked fine.

Hi, I’m in 1.6.1 and sweep fx A on DECK 1 present clicking/popping when you turn the know quick.

In DECK 2 works ok!

Anyone still have this too?

Yes, as I mentioned above I have the issue on both channels. I send my Denon prime GO 2 weeks ago for repair back to the seller. Hopefully it will be fixed quickly. I also had clicking/poping sound on left master output channel when I turned the knob quickly.

ok, please tell us what denon tells you about this in case it’s a hardware problem or they’ll fix it with a software update. Thank you!

1 Like

I updated to version 2.0.1 and its still a problem :frowning: Its dificult to play if your Prime Go crashes when loading tracks

I also had the problem with some tracks.

There is software like 3vise that can check the MP-3 tracks.

After that, the problem was resolved for me.

it wasn’t the PrimeGo but the tracks

Btw, problem solved

I switched the SD Card (which was an micro SD with an adaptor) for a proper fast SD Card (the one i used in my video camera). No more crashes :slight_smile:

1 Like