Denon DJ Drops price of SC Live 2 and 4!

No other company would listen like this! These are gonna blow up now!

1099 for SC Live 2

1299 for SC Live 4

Way to go guys for listening! This is pretty incredible!

1 Like

My brother in DenonDJ, the only thing these corporate types listen to are sales stats.

Go through the feature suggestion section on the forum and see how many years the topics with 100+ votes have to understand that they are, in fact, not listening to existing users.

1 Like

Now now! :stuck_out_tongue: Other companies would NOT have listened to people and changed pricing like that. No matter what. I agree about some features we’ve ALL been wanting, but I was speaking to the price change.

Dude. It’s so painful how true this is. So. Many. Features.

At this point I just wish they’d make the firmware/software open-source and open to community contribution like Blender. It would speed up development, lead to new features, and if they’re stable enough they could eventually be pushed into builds.

Idk. I’m just jaded by the crazy amount of basic feature requests that never get considered. Requesting anything new gets you told that it’s “already been requested”. In the end nothing gets done.

And now apparently my $2000 Prime 4 might be EOL… for a product that is far from perfect and has plenty of update potential.

3 Likes

Michael the Prime 4 is NOT EOL! lol And will be updated for years to come!

I have a DJM-S11 that hasn’t seen a firmware update in 2 year! Flagship mixer, no updates, 2 years. We have it pretty good here! lol

5 Likes

Okay good to know, I’ve been getting scared!

Yeah man! Prime 4 is a super nice piece! They still update the SC5000 series so you’ll have updates no matter what for a long time! And as a Prime 4 user past (when they launched) and present I can tell you it’s a very different machine from when it launched, thanks to many updates! Enjoy it!

1 Like

Oh wow, I hope some price drop also comes to Europe! Right now it’s 1600€ in Germany, which isn’t terrible but not great either, considering I got a P4 for that one year ago. But for lets say 1400€ things would become get far more interesting. I own the Mixstream and Roland Dj-808 right now. I could sell both for the Live 4. Far cheaper than a P4 + Mixstream combo. I like the speakers for spontaneous and video sets.

1 Like

3 Likes

Holy moly! That price is superb now! I hope Denon will manage to sell as many as possible, to bring more users to the ecosystem, while working on the next level Prime gear successors :smiley:

I saw that too!

just purchased at 1299 from discopiu rimini

2 Likes

The software should be in focus. The prime gear is ahead of the software now.

So just sit back relax and wait for the next updates to make your Denon Dj stuff better :sunglasses:

1 Like