Bug with ID3 Tags in UTF-8: Cover Art missing

Using Engine DJ 2.2.2 most the time the cover art is not imported when adding a track to the EDJ Collection. However the coverart is definitely exisiting in the file and being displayed with any other mp3 software. The tag type is (determined by foobar 2000): id3v2.3|id3v1

However some rare number of tracks with this tag type have their cover art in EDJ…but many tracks doesn’t. “Re-import of track information” does not change anything. What’s wrong here?!

Re import track info… make sure you have write permissions to those tracks. Also check tags to make sure there is only.one cover art… i had this issue and foind i could have up to five cover arts and the first was acually blank. Media plsyer picked art up as did ipod and vlc but engine wouldnt

As I already wrote: I have tried “Re Import Track Info” with no success. All the affected tracks have only the front cover art (first image) and nothing else…they do not differ from the few ones which are actually displayed in Engine DJ.

Hi all, these missing coverarts made me nuts so I went down the long and exhausting road of comparing 2 files in binary (working vs. non-working track). I finally found the issue: Engine DJ cannot handle ID3 Tracks formated in UTF-8 properly! If you have tracks in UTF-8 the Tags will be displayed OK, but the artwork is missing. Solution: Use e.g. the freeware Mp3Tag to do a bulk re-write of your tags in UTF-16. The ID3 Format itself (ID3V2; ID3V1;…) is irrelevant here. I hope this helps if you come across the same issue. @Denon DevTeam: Have a look yourselfes and fix it, please

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.