BUG: History gone! No tracks recorded in history list on P4

Prime 4 on 2.3.0
Issue description: See attached Photo. I had a gig yesterday (03/09/2022). When checking the history on the P4 there is an entry in the history list, but there are NO tracks in these lists. In Engine DJ (Win PC , Engine DJ 2.3.0) there is not even an entry for this specific day.

BTW: All 3 List entires for the 03/09 contain no tracks! But the gig log is the one from 21:32

Where in the db are played tracks listed!!! I desperately need them! I am willing to analyse the database to recover this info (which table to look for?)

Did you only connect one external drive to the console? Did you only use a USB stick? Or did you also connect other USB sticks, or other external HDs?

Hi DjAj
I had only my external SSD containing the complete Library attached to the P4.
I now found out that the filesystem got corrupt on this SSD, even if I am ALWAYS very carefull when connecting/disconnecting the SSD to PC and/or P4.
So my final analysis is:
The hm.db database file got corrupt, which contains the history in Prime OS. It was not readable anymore on PC, even not in various binary file reader tools. I then tried to repair this file - it was again readable on OS level (on PC)…hope occured!! Then I attached it to my P4 … which said sth like “database corrupt” and P4 automatically deleted the repaired hm.db and created an empty new one…so all all all history was lost :frowning:
Unfortunately I did not backup the repaired file before P4 did eat it up so it finally got lost on my SSD…
To mitigate damage I was at least able to recover the history before 3rd Sept from the db files residing on my PC hosting Engine DJ.
Next Step will be to test if history-logging is working again on my P4, as I have the next gig comming up soon… What a mess…
EDIT: Just tested on my P4: The history is working properly again. So it was an issue on file-system level which caused a data loss in the library (i.e. the history of a complete gig)…sad but true.

1 Like

May it would be good to put that info at the top of the thread - and mark this posts “Solution” tick box

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.