Assist with recording/streaming vinyl via X1800prime - Audacity

Hi so I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to share their knowledge.

My set up is 2 x 1210s (vinyl) on Phono inputs to channels 2&3, gains trimmed to 0 > X1800 prime via USB 1 into a Macbook pro / Core Audio / OS Big Sur - Mixer settings Chanel 2 assigned to 3/4 - Channel 3 assigned to 5/6 - (have tried assigning the both the 9/10 but no difference, and assume not needed on broadcast?)

Broadcast on, both audacity and mixer set to 48kHz. Output level up to 5db but needs to be at least 10 for audacity to pick up 0.5 - Chanel input level on 0.

Audacity set to Stereo - Core audio - recording - buffer length 100ms - Latency comp -130. Play other track while recording (overdub) ticked. Audacity interface settings (meter Db range -60 10 but samples) - 32bit float.

Ortofon Concordes tone arm correct.

Mixes sounds strange, almost as if I can hear one channel slightly over other, so transitions are not sounding smooth. The curve on the crossfader doesn’t sound quite right either, regardless of how I set it and trim the channels. Also slightly tinny sound (unsure if a setting on the mixer I have wrong). Have tried assigning both to 9/10 but still doesn’t sound ideal. Latest drivers installed also.

I’m behind with podcasts and guest mixes and would also like to stream asap.

I do have a Scarlet 2i2 if this is going to help anywhere.

For info too separate Amp connected to 2 x 20 year old Paridgm speakers used as monitors also.

Thank you for any assistance Mart

Mac user without vinyl.

1. X1800 Broadcast Mode set to OFF
  2. Mixer USB settings all default ie Channel 1 = 1/2, Channel2 = 3/4, Ch3 = 5/6, Ch4 = 7/8, Master = 9/10
  3. I set OBS to capture channel 9 and 10
  4. Audacity to capture all channels but 9 and 10 is the Master/Mix out that i will be using.

if i use external usb sound card - i go from “booth out” from x1800 to soundcard, then capture soundcard in obs/audacity as normal.

Are you recording your two channels separately and then mixing them down in audacity? Any reason not to just grab the master out (9/10)?